Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want to share this.

JMT Detectors

The weather here lately has really been wet and cold. I don't have a detector cover other than the one over my screen on the E-Trac. I found that Glad brand "Press and Seal" Wrap works great for protecting the battery housing and wrapping the handle to keep things from getting wet and muddy. The sweet thing is once it gets dirty you just take it off and throw it away. I've never seen any one else do this but it works great. It's not real pretty or completely ugly but it sure protects things good. A roll of the wrap is cheap and lasts a long time. I thought others might also like to use it on their other rigs. :thumbup:

Please be advised that if you seal it in the wrap meaning no air exchange you are sealing in moister and causing condensation which you were trying to avoid

deputydawg16 said:
Please be advised that if you seal it in the wrap meaning no air exchange you are sealing in moister and causing condensation which you were trying to avoid

That is what I understand
A friend had his ET overheat due to leaving the plastic covering on too long

deputydawg16 said:

I only put it on for the outings. Then take it off when I get back home. I never noticed any moisture underneath the wrap. Just nice to keep moisture, mud and dirt off things. To each his own...

banditicey said:
deputydawg16 said:

That is what I understand
A friend had his ET overheat due to leaving the plastic covering on too long

I would think the heavier waterproof covers would be worse for retaining heat.

no parts to overheat inside etrac, except mad temperatures. for condensation too no problem if its not stay after heavy rain. wrap or not wrap, do what you like.

stasys said:
no parts to overheat inside etrac, except mad temperatures. for condensation too no problem if its not stay after heavy rain. wrap or not wrap, do what you like.

I would have to agree with you. I have not dissected an E-trac but can't imagine internal temperatures high unless your in direct sunlight on an extremely hot day. It's been rainy weather here with 40 degree outside temperatures. I've just hunted after several days of rain and the grass is wet and the ground muddy in spots.

tracyjm said:
The weather here lately has really been wet and cold. I don't have a detector cover other than the one over my screen on the E-Trac. I found that Glad brand "Press and Seal" Wrap works great for protecting the battery housing and wrapping the handle to keep things from getting wet and muddy. The sweet thing is once it gets dirty you just take it off and throw it away. I've never seen any one else do this but it works great. It's not real pretty or completely ugly but it sure protects things good. A roll of the wrap is cheap and lasts a long time. I thought others might also like to use it on their other rigs. :thumbup:

Why dont you just buy a decent cover and help protect the enviroment! After all, that is what detectorists do when they dig the trash up and recycle it! Just my thoughts on that, after all, everyone can do what they want.

The whole idea was if you need a quick fix on a hunt and it's a crappy day out it might save ruining or crudding up your detector.

Good for you tracyjm!! American ingenuity! Not the government solving everything for you and being directed to 'get a decent cover'!!

quarterhorse said:
tracyjm said:
The whole idea was if you need a quick fix on a hunt and it's a crappy day out it might save ruining or crudding up your detector.

I liked the unedited version the best:thumbup::rofl:

HH
QH

Thanks. Lord knows I don't want to offend anyone...

tracyjm said:
quarterhorse said:
tracyjm said:

I liked the unedited version the best:thumbup::rofl:

HH
QH

Thanks. Lord knows I don't want to offend anyone...

I meant nothing bad with my post. I hope it was not taken that way, if so, it really was not intendet to be bad, sorry.