Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wanted to preorder Equinox!

jimmyzr1

I want to get on the preorder list for the Equinox. Does anyone know who is taking preorders so I don't have to wait too long?

At least one major online retailer is dunning credit cards as soon as the orders are placed, with no guarantee of when you will actually get your detector. They did that to me, and I was not very happy about it. I cancelled my order.

Bill B. said:
At least one major online retailer is dunning credit cards as soon as the orders are placed, with no guarantee of when you will actually get your detector. They did that to me, and I was not very happy about it. I cancelled my order.

I thought that was illegal (federally) in the US.....

The dealer I ordered mine stop taking orders a couple of weeks after announced and feel most have done the same thing, I am number 4 so I may have one as soon as release. Being they are so popular I wonder how many that have been preordered may not see them for a while and may not until late summer depending on how many were ordered and how fast they can make them. I was told that some dealers may only get 1 or 2 to begin with as they want all dealers to get at least one and go from there if they had placed a order in for some. I do believe the dealers have many on order and really don't want to add to there order at this time until they know when they will get the ones ordered already. if they order more and they don't see them until latter on the customers may have change their minds on them and canceled their order and the dealer now has too many to move.
I had said before that those that didn't preordered as they wanted to wait and see what others that have them say about them may have a long wait, I really hope I am wrong as I would like to see all that want one have one in their hands by April 1 so we can enjoy them.

Rick

Don"t nobody tell him...He lives to close to me..And I need to get it First....:bouncy:

jimmyzr1 said:
I want to get on the preorder list for the Equinox. Does anyone know who is taking preorders so I don't have to wait too long?

Take a look at the sponsors for this forum. Do a little research and see if they are Minelab dealers and get on the phone and talk to them.

Kellyco did it to me. I got on the preorder list on Dec. 12. Got my credit card statement earlier this week, and there it was, $899, charged on Dec. 12. I called Kellyco. The person I spoke with there was very nice, and he immediately cancelled the credit charge -- and my preorder. Am I the only person who preordered through Kellyco and got charged in advance?

You'd think with interest rates where they are it isn't worth hassling customers over some miniscule amount of money that can be realized via early charging. I don't get it, but I aint runnin a business either so who knows. :shrug:

Bill B. said:
Kellyco did it to me. I got on the preorder list on Dec. 12. Got my credit card statement earlier this week, and there it was, $899, charged on Dec. 12. I called Kellyco. The person I spoke with there was very nice, and he immediately cancelled the credit charge -- and my preorder. Am I the only person who preordered through Kellyco and got charged in advance?

KellyCo charged everyone who pre-ordered. They are the only company I know who did this. Everyone else just took a list of names.

My dealer ask for a 10% down and the remainder when a definite date he knows when mine will be in, so I felt that was fair to know I am serious for one without paying for it completely.

Rick
I ordered in a second one too from the new dealer that is going to be the local dealer being I am not going to be. Not sure what I will do with it yet and will see when it come in.

I paid in full up front to my dealer back in mid September at the time of the announcement. I'm pretty sure I'm at the top of the list. I should be a good ginea pig to see how fast the very first paid preorders get filled.

All a dealer has to do is make a list of names. When they get their first order, say it's 12 detectors. Go down the list calling each person until they have credit card payments for the first 12 detectors and ship them out. With the next order, continue down the list. If person number 7 says I don't have to money right now, move their name to the bottom of the list. Boy, that's sounds really difficult. I don't see any reason a reputable dealer needs to get paid up front (unless of course they need the money to place their order). In that case they shouldn't be in business if they're cutting it that close and have no operating funds. Then they should get out of the business and get their name on a waiting list with everyone else. Just sayin'

As far as has been related there’s only one dealer demanding full payment up front - I like this forum, so I will say no more.

I also paid the sales tax at the time back in September. My dealer is very reputable and has been in business a long time, so I'm not worried one bit. He never gave me any reason he had to collect up front, nor did I ask. I assume it's to ensure a place for my order right at the front of the line. Worst case, is that I somehow get lumped in with all the unpaid pre-orders. But I am still under the impression that I will be one of the very first in my region to take delivery, which I am expecting around the end of the month when the floodgates open. I'll keep the forum updated.

Champ Ferguson said:
You'd think with interest rates where they are it isn't worth hassling customers over some miniscule amount of money that can be realized via early charging. I don't get it, but I aint runnin a business either so who knows. :shrug:
Credit card companies do not giveth, they only taketh away from BOTH dealers & customers. Typically 2-4% depending on sales volume.
"Rewards" cards even more. You pay extra for your reward. If you deal local make your best deal then offer CASH at a 3% discount.
That will save you abt $28 on a EQ800.

On deposits on small items ( knobs, antennas etc) I would take 100% + shipping then have the distributor send direct to customer.
Big stuff that you only sell a few times a year like ultra modern high end sets or aircraft carrier sized combos I would take 10% NON refundable.
I would also send them to the distributors showroom first so they can be sure. The 10% covered restocking fees or discounting the set
to get rid of it before it "comes due".
IMHO 100% on an EQ is nuts. I would question any dealer needing the $$ to make an order. They have access to check protection, lines
of credit or floor planning IF credit worthy. No need for cash. If not credit worthy they are on the edge & so is your deposit !
10% is fair to be sure you are serious & want a place on the list. Enuf fer now

73 Tom N.H.
LFOD !

I know of a dealer that has two lists -- pre-order, and wait list. You can get on either list -- pre-order, with some money "down payment," and "wait list," which is free. When the machines arrive, he will go through his "pre-order" list first, in order, and then, after those are filled, will start on his "wait list." Seems perfectly reasonable to me. If someone WANTED to pay him full price up front, I'm guessing he'd be willing, if that's what they wanted to do, and I'd guess that would put that person"at the top" of the "pre-order" list. In no way is he "requiring" a "full up-front payment" from anyone.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Seems like a very reasonable and fair way for a dealer to handle the situation IMO.

Steve

I agree, Steve. If I was a buyer or seller, that sounds very fair.

I purchased from BBH and was required to pay in advance to pre-order. Paypal has a 6 month zero interest promotion and I used that to secure my Equinox. When the detector is delivered, I will pay the balance with no accrued interest :wiggle:

I ordered mine back in the end of October from K & Co and was charged the full amount up front minus a 15% military discount ( I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, and get back in March) I was happy to do it since I think it will be so popular that it might be 12-15 months backordered once it comes out, and the price point will go up