Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wanted to preorder Equinox!

silvercoinboy said:
I ordered mine back in the end of October from K & Co and was charged the full amount up front minus a 15% military discount ( I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, and get back in March) I was happy to do it since I think it will be so popular that it might be 12-15 months backordered once it comes out, and the price point will go up

No way in hell backorders will take that long. maybe 5 to 6 week of backorder filling. No way the price will go up either, at least not in the first couple years.

It can take a while sometimes on back orders, when the E-Trac came out as a dealer I was able to get one, but when I wanted more I was told back ordered which went on for 7 months before I was able to get any. Might have been some drop the ball some where at Minelab, but it was late October or first of November when our season was over with when I received them.
Depending on how many are sold right now and how many have been made to start off with will depend on the time for back orders. I am not a dealer anymore so I had to order from another dealer as soon as I heard about them and expect to see one maybe his first order as I am number 4 on the list. I did order another one from another dealer that took over up here in ND after a month after I ordered in the first one just to see how long it will take for him to fill that order.

Rick

I heard from my dealer that he didn't accept a deposit as small dealer may get 1or 2 in the beginning and there is no telling what rate they will come in. He expects only a couple at a time per month. Some folks had to wait a long time to get an E Trac so hope that's not the case this time.

It was simple with my dealer. He made a list, no money down and no commitment. When they come in he calls and you either still want it or you don't. He told me he wasn't worried because he'll still sell all he gets and he's right. He's in Arizona at the dealer meeting. Maybe he'll bring a few back

It was mentioned a few times that veterans could get a 15% off discount. Off of what? So what will be the bottom line in dollars for a vet for an 800?

don't want to burst bubbles but called kellyco today checking my order said all is well but also let me know I wasn't only one who preordered he told it will take some time to fill all pre orders so who knows how long it will take bummed but all white outside so I can wait

My problem is, I'm a veteran, but the only guy I might be able to get one from quickly, will only sell it to me for $899.99, and may add tax to that. He doesn't care that online you can get quite a discount.i bought a minelab 35 pin pointer from him and he charged me $130, then wouldn't give me a receipt since I hadn't paid sales tax. He said, if I have a problem just bring it back to him. I really want one soon, but hate to way over pay for it, but may anyway.

jimmyzr1 said:
My problem is, I'm a veteran, but the only guy I might be able to get one from quickly, will only sell it to me for $899.99, and may add tax to that. He doesn't care that online you can get quite a discount.i bought a minelab 35 pin pointer from him and he charged me $130, then wouldn't give me a receipt since I hadn't paid sales tax. He said, if I have a problem just bring it back to him. I really want one soon, but hate to way over pay for it, but may anyway.

you need to get away from that dealer NOW! He is screwing you royally! No reciept? Thats just f'ed up.

FYI, something many people forget is by buying with certain credit cards the cards extend your warranty 1-2 years. Example, most citi cards extend warranty 2 years.

jimmyzr1 said:

I agree with others...get away from that guy. There are plenty of dealers out there that will do you right; even if you have to wait a bit longer, it's worth it to find a good dealer...

Steve

Yeah, I know. The only problem is one of my hunting competitors gets his right away and will be getting all of the good targets if I have to wait 6-9 months to get one. He is great with Minelabs and has hammered all of the local parks and schools. I hate to have to wait too long.

I would wait till Hell froze over if I were you. Sounds like a jerk and opportunist to me!!!

I don’t know who that could be...HeHe

jimmyzr1 said:
Yeah, I know. The only problem is one of my hunting competitors gets his right away and will be getting all of the good targets if I have to wait 6-9 months to get one. He is great with Minelabs and has hammered all of the local parks and schools. I hate to have to wait too long.

Sorry to say I am on a waiting list and I had to preorder full price. Its been almost 2 months and that was expected. What was not expected however, was that today I went to Cabelllas and the 800 and 600 were in stock so I ordered one.

Before you say cabellas will also be a wait, its not true they are having a certain amount each day drop shipped from Chicago and people are getting them in hand in 7 days.

I am not interested in paying more interest on my credit card than I need to so I'll be cancelling that preorder.

Has anyone googled Minelabs office in the Chicago area. They do not have a warehouse there, their office is not big enough to receive or ship out mass quantities of detectors. Most of the Minelab stuff used to come from a warehouse in Michigan that received shipments and forwarded the detectors directly to the purchaser no matter whether you bought from Kellyco or Lazy Louies detectors service in in Knox ND.. That's one reason you don't get tracking #'s because Kellyco only knows a shipment has come in but they don't know who gets them because the warehouse ships 1st order in no matter what dealer it is. Unless you're a Minelab preferred partner.