Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

War Nickels again

jas415

Wednesday got one and it was a solid 14, cked it on all freqs and was solid at 14. Today got another that read 20, solid 20. About 6" and a war! Park 1, 5 tones, with bins set to highlight nickels (10-14) and volume up for that bin. Sense at 23, Recovery at 6 and bias at 0. I also cranked the first bin up to 9 from -9 to +9, then the nickels bin, then a lower volume and tone for 14-18, then a med High volume for 18-13, then a high volume and tone for the remaining. 9" is nothing for the 800! Many, many wheats and others, plus several silvers at 7 to 10".

Congrats on the coins....... looks like you have a winner there. How did ya like swinging it? Nice huh?

Got about 40 hours on it now, maybe 16-18 silvers and several hundred coins total. Lots of nickels, maybe a hundred, but i think that is just because I am learning it and tending to dig all good tones and iffy signals. many nickels have come in at 12 and a couple at 14, but the War ones have been either solid at 13/14 or in the zinc range. On my CTX I have dug quite a few that rang in the 31 area, but had two target displays on the screen, one at 13ish and the other in the 31 area. Yeah, I like it. I ran the CTX for the past 5 years and did really well with it, and right now the CTX is sort of just sitting! I use it to hunt behind myself so I can sort of see what I missed. I really like the speed of the machine, but the VDI stability is a real letdown coming from the CTX.