Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wasps!!!! My favorite thing to kill!

WillyP

This mud hive is about the size of a small basketball.
I got a fight on my hands! :surprised:

[attachment 171815 BeeHive.jpg]

In my crawl space of all places.

have never done one like that but I have used the long distance spray and gone out at night with a shopvac and did them in. Just hold the shopvac up to them and suck them in and the spray bug spray into the nozzle when you got them and it is done.

I have always found it best to get them at night when they are all in the nest though. During the day half will be gone and come back later. Getum all:thumbup:

if you want to destroy the nest and get all the wasps, you gotta do it when they are all in it.

suit up with booties, hood and mask, grab a can of Raid and a flashlight after dark, empty the can into the nest, they will all die from the residual action. On outside ones i use a propane torch after dark.

Night time and wasp spray sounds like the way. We get the paper wasp here with the big grey nest.... They build a lot of them high up in the tree's. When fall comes and leaves drop the old 12 gauge takes out the nest and cold weather does the rest...

Wouldn't it be easier for Carol to fit into that cramped crawl space ?? :rofl:

n/t

She and our youngest daughter locked themselves in the bathroom until they heard me tell them it was all clear.
Keep in mind, that's on the second floor and I was doing battle in the crawl space.

Mean she is, brave she is not! :help:

the wasp spray is cheaper than Brakeclean if you watch for sales

n/t

n/t

They might be Grace's pants......but I wear them :wiggle:

You could have some fun with this Willy. On one of your ventures to the crawl space, you've got to start screaming at the top of your lungs like you're being attacked. HELP.......oh gawd Carol...........HELP ME !! :rofl::rofl:

make a nest, the thing you are looking at and they lay eggs in the tubes, they then catch SPIDERS and pack the tubes with spiders for the larva to feed on while they grow. They are not very aggressive and will sure keep the spiders down. I never bother them myself.

n/t