Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We adopted a badly abused dog and in return she has given us great happiness...............

Kelley (Texas)

Our neighbor's son was working at a construction site over in Houston, Texas when he saw some men beating a dog with some pieces of 2X4 lumber. He stepped in and put a stop to it. The dog was badly hurt and the son rushed him to a nearby vet clinic. The vet suggested that it might be best to put the dog to sleep, but Bryan said "no!" It took weeks, but the dog survived, and when the vet called Bryan to pick the dog up, Bryan did not have the money to pay the entire bill. He called his father the day that I happen to be over at his house for a visit and to look at a new bull that he had bought from a rancher over near Bandera, Texas. Sam told his son that he would lend him the money to get the dog out of the vet clinic.

A week later I was visiting with Sam on the telephone when he asked me if I remembered his son calling to ask about borrowing some money to get a stray dog out of a vet clinic over in Houston. I said that, yes, I remembered the telephone call. He told me that Bryan had brought the dog home over the weekend and had left for Houston on Monday. Sam said that he did not want another dog and if I knew anyone that wanted one, please give him a call. I told Sam that I might be interested because I had lost my dog about six months ago and thought it was time to get another one. That afternoon, I drove the pickup truck over to Sam's ranch to see the dog. It was instant love when I laid my eyes upon her. Within minutes the dog was sitting beside me as we headed home. My wife and I named the dog "Sadie." She has been my constant buddy for over six years now and I have enjoyed every bit of the six years. Every time I see her running across the yard, I can not understand why anyone would want to hurt such a beautiful and loving dog. My Grandson loves this dog too, and "Sadie" is often his playmate when he visits us. Yes, it has been a wonderful six years since "Sadie" came into our lives! Kelley (Texas) :)

This is a picture of "Sadie" sleeping on the couch. She knows that she is forbidden to sleep on the couch and I laughed at the expression on her face when I took this picture.
[attachment 169545 DSC00785.JPG]

Picture of "Sadie" in the back yard.
[attachment 169547 DSCN0919.JPG]

As a side story, below is a picture of a stray cat that showed up at our house one day and never left. We named her "Bad Cat" because she would fight with some of the other cats in the neighborhood. "Sadie" and "Bad Cat" are best friends. As you can probably tell, we love animals.
[attachment 169546 badcat10-26-09.jpg]

Thanks for the story and pictures Fred and the amount of Dog and animal abuse is just unimaginable. Sadie and Bad Cat seem to make a good looking team.

n/t

That is Awesome! Thanks for the pics :thumbup:

There are people and there are real people. Real people love their animals and that love is returned 10 fold. We have 2 dogs and heaps of guinea fowls, some peacocks and several varieties of parrots. And of course a Horse with a couple more arriving soon. We have a 40 acre hobby farm. Both dogs know what a kangaroo is, what a possum is and what a goanna is and seem to know exactly what my wife and I are talking about..... They know to protect their animals from predators and watch very closely if a stranger comes to the gate.
We wouldn't be without them. We know where you are coming from Kelley. Cheers mate

Panther.

I have 5 dogs, 3 cats ,6 kittens,3 hens ,7 rosters and 1 peacock.
They are animals yes. But they are also my friends and bring joy to my life.
Two of my dogs were adopted from the local Humane society here.
So I understand what you mean by the happines Sadie has brought in your life.
Congrats on your new addition to the family.
Sadie is a beutiful girl.

very nice.WE ARE LOOKIN AT THE DOG RESCUES NOW FOR A DOG.

What a wonderful heartwarming story. I have never understood the mindset of people who can be intentionally cruel to innocent animals. I never will. It just locks my jaws up tight everytime I hear of it. I've owned dogs for most of my life and right now have 3 of them. All great little friends. The only problem I've ever had with a pet is no matter how much love I heap on em I never seem to be able to match the love they give in return. Faithful and true to a fault. Unconditional love. Three cats and we're supporting a herd of outside feral cats as well. Each and every one of these furry friends has a personality all its own. Have a peek at the Rainbow Bridge http://ojerholm.com/Rainbow%20Bridge.htm -- a little video with audio about a dog and an owner being reunited at a place just this side of heaven.

Thanks for sharing...........God bless. TomB

:usmc:Two of my dogs are rescues. One was adopted as a companion for my lonely and Bossy Chihuahua. She lost her Laborador and was sulking about it. So Ponch the Chihuahua was adopted out of a High Kill shelter in California. His surrender card says simply "Needs too much attention". Yeah.....He wanted love. He has his forever family now and is the kindest and sweetest dog. Then came Harley, our new 2 year old Lab. A total goof. But a heart of gold. Anyone sees me out there, Harley is already in the truck before I finish opening the door. We took him in from a distant relative that had to go into an assisted living facility. He is a 10. Very well trained now and a constant companion. Three dogs is a bit much sometimes, but the rewards are worth it seeing their happiness in their eyes.

Thanks for sharing your story about Sadie. I can't let Harley see that pic of her on the couch. Would give him a bad idea

Kelley (Texas) said:
Our neighbor's son was working at a construction site over in Houston, Texas when he saw some men beating a dog with some pieces of 2X4 lumber. He stepped in and put a stop to it. The dog was badly hurt and the son rushed him to a nearby vet clinic. The vet suggested that it might be best to put the dog to sleep, but Bryan said "no!" It took weeks, but the dog survived, and when the vet called Bryan to pick the dog up, Bryan did not have the money to pay the entire bill. He called his father the day that I happen to be over at his house for a visit and to look at a new bull that he had bought from a rancher over near Bandera, Texas. Sam told his son that he would lend him the money to get the dog out of the vet clinic.

A week later I was visiting with Sam on the telephone when he asked me if I remembered his son calling to ask about borrowing some money to get a stray dog out of a vet clinic over in Houston. I said that, yes, I remembered the telephone call. He told me that Bryan had brought the dog home over the weekend and had left for Houston on Monday. Sam said that he did not want another dog and if I knew anyone that wanted one, please give him a call. I told Sam that I might be interested because I had lost my dog about six months ago and thought it was time to get another one. That afternoon, I drove the pickup truck over to Sam's ranch to see the dog. It was instant love when I laid my eyes upon her. Within minutes the dog was sitting beside me as we headed home. My wife and I named the dog "Sadie." She has been my constant buddy for over six years now and I have enjoyed every bit of the six years. Every time I see her running across the yard, I can not understand why anyone would want to hurt such a beautiful and loving dog. My Grandson loves this dog too, and "Sadie" is often his playmate when he visits us. Yes, it has been a wonderful six years since "Sadie" came into our lives! Kelley (Texas) :)

This is a picture of "Sadie" sleeping on the couch. She knows that she is forbidden to sleep on the couch and I laughed at the expression on her face when I took this picture.
[attachment 169545 DSC00785.JPG]

Picture of "Sadie" in the back yard.
[attachment 169547 DSCN0919.JPG]

As a side story, below is a picture of a stray cat that showed up at our house one day and never left. We named her "Bad Cat" because she would fight with some of the other cats in the neighborhood. "Sadie" and "Bad Cat" are best friends. As you can probably tell, we love animals.
[attachment 169546 badcat10-26-09.jpg]

I just find it astounding that anyone could hurt an animal. They are so innocent. She is absolutely GORGEOUS!

Sadie is such a beautiful dog. I don't have all the animals that you guys/gals have but I truly understand what you feel with your pets. I have a boxer named Baxter and he always seems to bring a smile to my face just when I need it most. I can't even imagine how some people can be so cruel to animals. We all just want to be loved just as they do. I wish I could show you a picture of Baxter.... He's fawn with some black and white mixed in. He weighs about 75 pounds and he'll lick you to death and his stubby tail wags constantly. Well, take care and enjoy ..... Jack from Farmington,N.H.

What a wonderful story Kelley---thanks for sharing it with us.-----My wife & I love animals, it's beyond me how anybody can be cruel to them.----Sadie & Bad Cat--the dynamic duo!! :biggrin: :thumbup:--------Del

My constant companion,Heidi, is lying at my feet as I post this.She knows my next move no matter where in the house we are and ALWAYS has a twinkle in her eyes and a smile on her face. When I retired I had almost 1 million air miles and had always planned an extended trip around the world,but the thought of leaving my Heidi for 3-6 months was too much.I have donated many of my miles to people who deserve them.

We to have an abandoned/ abused chit zu that was dropped off in the woods near our home, found it hiding by the barn one night
took it up to the house , the wife fell in love with him! we feed him and decided to leave him out in the breeze way (enclosed patio) for the first night with a crouched blanket to sleep on , woke up the next morning and went to check on the little guy, noticed he was standing over the blanket breathing really hard, went to pick him up and the blanket came up with him, seems he really must have liked that blanket alot , i ended up having to go get a pair of scissors and cutting it away from him ( if you know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!) might be why he was dropped of Lol.
any hoo hes been with us for 9 years now cant imagine not having him around, been a great friend and companion ,
David from Ohio
ps hes also lost his passion for blankets since then!!

What ever happened to the scumbags that abused the dog? I would probably end up in jail if I seen anyone doing that :angry: . I wouldn't last a day on the job with the "animal police". I would be charged with "owner abuse" :rage: