Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend hunt

Larry (IL)

Our club had it's annual spring club fun hunt and all I can say about the V is WOW. This is the first chance I have had for an extended hunt with the V since winter. Sure, I have been out for a few short hunts , but this hunt was Friday night for a couple of hours, all day Saturday and Sunday morning. I was not only impressed with the depth and ease of use, but with every other feature of this new generation metal detector. I am still using a beta version of V so I too have the audio problems that ver.1.1 will take care of, but I also experienced the occasional audio "burst" is the best way I can explain it. It can happen at any time and does not seem to be influenced by any EMI or target in the ground. Maybe ver. 1.1 will fix that too.

For you depth people, again, I am getting at least two more inches deeper with the V than my older DFX and I still don't know what the depth limits are. I have yet to hear a deep "iffy" signal. Everything was a solid tone, good analysis screen and the VDI was jumping around a little bit due to the iron and trash where we were hunting. Hard to believe, but the two deepest coins were memorial cents at 9-10 inches deep.

This was our third year hunting at an older Boy Scout camp as a club and some of use have hunted at this site for many years before that. The clad is off to the left and forgot how many nickles I found, but in addition to the three war nic's, I might have 6 older Jefferson's and one Buffalo too. These are a couple of pictures of just the interesting stuff I found. One hole was a four silver spill, with the Half, SLQ and two dimes, my first four silver hole I remember finding. I got 11 wheats from 1934 to 46 and a nice assortment of Scouting items.

A special guest from the Chicago area (rcasio44) from the MXT forum joined us and we all had a great time. Be sure to go the MXT forum to read about his adventures as well.

I forgot to add the story about the 1916 dime. Seldom do we get to find a 1916 dime, let alone a 1916-D, but I did find a 1916 dime Friday night. It was getting dark and I couldn't see the coin very well but I did pick enough dirt off of the year that I could see the 1916. I thought, OH MY.....:surprised: I better quit picking at this coin and soak the dirt off of the back to see if it is a D or not. To make the story shorter, it was not a D but the anticipation was worth the wait.

Nice finds Larry . Wish I could have been there. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Can't wait to see some of the other finds.
Roy

First off nice pics i like the statue of liberty find and all the others: Two thanks for info on machine now Three First a gold coin then my first four silver hole that machine is lucky wouldn't let it out of my site also you seem to be a skilled detectonist:detecting:Or is somebody close to you planting the ground:rofl: But i do :please: to your skills sound like everyone had a great time.Thanks for taking the time to post your finds. Really great finds

wow - thanks for the V report and looks like a swell time. A very nice variety to keep things interesting - the fishing sinker seems the only out of place item - but I remember shooting them through tree branches from a slingshot with a line attached so we could then pull up wire to get height for our radio antennas. Maybe scouts did that or getting some fishing practice in.
The audio burst - continuous loud solid tone for a few seconds or so for no reason although you moved the coil and it didn't immediately stop?

I think you are right on both accounts Tab. I just posted a picture of the field we hunted which was used for archery practice and the pond where the scouts went fishing and swimming was not too far from this field on the MXT forum. I think they had casting practice here too. Sinkers were found by others too. Your audio burst describes it perfectly. I also experienced just the opposite as well where I lost my threshold for a few seconds and I'm sure it was not nulling due to iron.

Fred, I was with him.........that's his good luck charm! :inlove: :devil: I am very proud of Larry. They all did pretty good, even I got silver. Not much, but I didn't hunt long either.

HH to all, Nancy

Encouraging reports on the V for sure! Thanks for posting your finds and your experiences.

I'm impressed Mike...:beers:, but, it just wasn't the V. I think just about everyone did good again this year. It looks like another 100+ oldies year for the club and look how many years that place has been pounded. We will have the official club count at the meeting tomorrow night....:thumbup:

Great finds Larry. Thank you for inviting me to join in on the fun of your club. I had a great day Saturday meeting all of you. I look forward to hunting with the club again in the near future.

Rob

I'm glad you could make it Rob and thanks.

Thanks Roy, we missed you at the hunt. Club meeting Tuesday night and we will have some totals of all members. I had a total of thirty oldies.