Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I did it.. Got a V3i................. Whew at first glance

Elton

It's complicated... I'm doing something that goes against my grain LOL Reading the manual first Hahahahaha

This is a little more than a turn it on and hunt detector. Anyone with experience you can feel free to Pm me with how to run it ideas.

Thanks Larry IL and Rob for your advice... Wow.I actually got my name registered on the machine.... "The Manual works"...

PS.....Are there any good video sources available via the computer.?

dont worry about all the settings right away , learn on the factory programs first, take it slow dont get overwhelmed . happy hunting.

kyledfx said:
dont worry about all the settings right away , learn on the factory programs first, take it slow dont get overwhelmed . happy hunting.

What Kyle said. Might bump up the Rx gain on some of the factory programs.

The V3i is what it is..it is like getting a new computer with a lot of programs when all you want to do is surf the web...so hunt and learn first and the CJ program is a great program to start with...then you can start to learn about tones and what tones you like to hear and where you like to hear them. Program that into your CJ.. then you can learn how to use your disc and turn some of the disc VDI to a 0 tone...there is so much you can do when you understand what you are doing and the only way to do that is to read this forum and start going backwards page by page and you will see a topic that will ring a bell and then you can read and learn.....

I agree with the rest.

1. Take the time to learn to properly ground balance the V3i.
2. Load up the stock Coin program(unless you're going to the beach or tot lots).
3. Start swinging at your favorite site.

As with any new detector I always recommend you go first to a site where you know you can find some coins even if it is clad. It will help you get familiar with the sounds and visual responses to good targets. You'll have plenty of time to get familiar with the junk targets.

I have had my V3i now for a month and it is a killer betector. My first silver coin was a 1917 walking liberty half and that was on day one my first hunt with it. And it been all up hill sent then . I can't wait :starwars:until we get some good rain to see what this detectod:twodetecting:r can really do.

Thank you Ray.

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

So I decided he was most likely correct....May as well have them.

If you chose to start with the C&J program check to see if the VCO is turned on, I can't remember if it is or not. You DO want that feature- ON. I know it is on in Hi Pro and if you chose to start with Hi Pro, that will probably be the only program you will ever need Elton unless you change locations with drastic ground changes. I hunt coins, jewelry and relics with that one program seldom changing anything. Don't worry about RX or sensitivity discrimination unless it is noisy for the first 25 hours, just go out and hunt and have fun finding things and learning the basics. Making other adjustments will come naturally as the need and knowledge allows. Good luck and have fun.

It is simply going to take some time Elton. White's uses different words for things and you are right... whew! It is esy to get the V3i out of whack by not paying attention yo what you tweaked. Once it "clicks" you will like it I think. It, the ET, and the Sovereign are, IMO, the TOPS at deep target ID and at giving you enough of an audio signal to stop you on a deep target. It beats the FTP detectors at tht from what I have seen. I think you can set it up to hunt anything, anywhere but it is going to take some time and an open mind. If you try to find "your" settings instead of the best settings for each site the V3i will not give you it's best performance. It is truly top of the line (along with one other machine, IMO).

Julien

I will turn on the VCO..

I did restore once after I tried a few tweaks in the field.

Is there a slight delay in the target response ( Audio) after you go over a target. I swear, it seems like I am hearing the sound as I move away from the center.
Then when I go back, it seems again as if it's off a little on the center for sound.....Delayed a little I guess is what I am trying to say.