Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well i finally did it

dewcon4414

Road trip with the Nox....... an hour in and half my cuff broke off....... ugh. Had some hunting buddies there so rather than call it a day i continued to hunt the wet sand because even shallow water was impossible to do. To many hours and to much torque. I called Jamie at ML...... new one will be on its way Monday....... hows that for service? Outstanding i say. Even with a broke cuff i managed a lot of light junk jewelry. I got one 750 1.4 grams of gold elephant........ dang i couldnt find the chain. Small one so likely never will. We did a little drop on the salt water because one of the guys wanted to see how his CTX hit on it and what digits. He got it a couple of inches in very low digits. I gave him my phones and it easily hit it at 7" with the Nox. Ill take that kind of depth difference and dig the little gold.

Dang, whats the deal with the arm cuffs? When did you get your EQX? It seems like suddenly multiple people are having this problem. I'm not sure if this is a batch problem or a stress fracture problem from a bad choice in materials.

I've had 1 arm cuff snap on me as well...both arm cuffs padding have come off completely... and yes Jaime is very Nice to deal with and is a tremendous help...

I would suspect the plastic is fatiguing especially if alot the high milage units are suddenly having this issue... just like metal that plastic only has so many bend cycles in it until it snaps.. also these seasoned beach hunters have popeye arms from years off swinging the same arm ..lol..

I run the metal sovereign cuff on my Equinox and on my hip-mount Sov as well. Not sure if they are still available but this is the best cuff ever made. The neoprene covers are still available as well. Dave

Ive got 3 Anderson’s, a hinkel, and couple more I think for Xcal befor I have to take um off other machines lol.

Jason got mine end of March.....but almost all my hours have been in the water. Doesn’t help I have skinny arms..... thing seems to be made for popey lol. At leas my other metal ones fit well. Hey ......love this 3 year warranty guys.

midalake said:
I run the metal sovereign cuff on my Equinox and on my hip-mount Sov as well. Not sure if they are still available but this is the best cuff ever made. The neoprene covers are still available as well. Dave

Definitely still available as they are current on the GPX units.

I have a ditty bag in the car for odds and ends...... cuff should have been in there.

Dew, back in 2000 and for many years afterwards, we used send out around 10 'Explorer' beige arm rest cups weekly...just to the UK and other Euro locations, Spain, Italy etc.
Many were 'repeats' and we got to know some of our Customers 'very well!'

In reality, that entire platform 'cracked up' as there were numerous Warranty repairs on a new control box housing. (In fact I still have an original Explorer XS and the housing flanges are cracked!)

Later on, the "BLACK" arm cups were better as they were a more tolerant plastic.
(some of those broke too but not to many thankfully - I never actually broke one myself and my prototypes did get 'flung around!' I did break a coil bolt though very early in the Testing phase)

I'd expect they'll make good on the issue you are having as well in due time?"

Des......... they sent me a new cuff out yesterday. Couldnt do it Fri because they had already done their daily shipment. With that BIG coil coming they need to take a serious look at both the cuff and shaft. Water hunters are going to have issues.

This is just an update on my cuff damage. ML sent me another cuff....... well sort of. This is more info than a complaint. What i got in the mail was the UPPER part that broke..... NOT the whole cuff as a replacement. Of course i didnt know that and tossed the one that had broke. So now im waiting on the LOWER with the bolt to arrive. Just be aware.......and DONT throw anything away until you get the replacement in the mail.

Dew i'm curious. What do you have behind your arm rest where I see a locking collar? Counter weight?

Thanks
Carolina