Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well...I took the plunge!

gfatizzi

After a lot of research, I just couldn't pass up the two coil deal on this machine for $339! Seems like a real steal. I needed a good metered trash machine to compliment my Minelab Sovereign XS with the 12X13 NEL coil on it.
I'm a long time Sovereign user but I know it's limitations and I don't run mine with a meter. It was a toss up between the Vanquish and the Simplex but I was never a fan of the flutey tones Minelab started using so.....Simplex it is!
I plan on running the Simplex with the smaller coil and I also purchased the carbon fiber lower rod and headphone adapter cord in case the WHPs don't work out for me.
Love the ergonomic set up, waterproof capabilities and updateable software this machine offers. Other detector companies better take note. I honestly don't know how they pack so many features into a machine at this price point! Can't wait to try her out!
HH George

Last edited:
We were near 90 here yesterday when I swung the big coin on the Simplex for about a hour and noticed no whip lash, so to speak. Felt sturdy enough to me.

Had kind of a fun coin spill, in fact. Kind of a mixed tone hit with bouncy numbers, but occasionally would get a +/- 90 reading intermingled among all the others. Decided to check it out and came away with a 43P war nickel, 1st coin recovered and knew that wasn't right, so swept the dirt and hole again. End results, another 6 coins, 5 wheats and a 62 Washington quarter. Those were my first silver coins with the Simplex. Anyway, liking what I am seeing thus far. HH jim tn

We were near 90 here yesterday when I swung the big coin on the Simplex for about a hour and noticed no whip lash, so to speak. Felt sturdy enough to me.

Had kind of a fun coin spill, in fact. Kind of a mixed tone hit with bouncy numbers, but occasionally would get a +/- 90 reading intermingled among all the others. Decided to check it out and came away with a 43P war nickel, 1st coin recovered and knew that wasn't right, so swept the dirt and hole again. End results, another 6 coins, 5 wheats and a 62 Washington quarter. Those were my first silver coins with the Simplex. Anyway, liking what I am seeing thus far. HH jim tn
Nice Jim! Congrats on the finds. Glad you're liking the Simplex, hope I like it as well. HH George

Welcome to the club. I hope you get as much fun and satisfaction as I get out of mine. Good luck.

I also couldn’t pass up the deal. I too got a carbon fiber lower so I can have the 11” coil
ready to switch to. Haven’t noticed the lower coil flex but haven’t used it in temps over 82.
I plan to use the 5x 9.5 most of the time so might use the carbon fiber rod with that one
Let me know how well the 9.5" works for you vs. the 11" coil. :)

CJ.M. I'm in Palestine.

Can't wait to try her out
I've used mine for over a year and a half and really like the machine. If you hunt in 3 tone w/it notched/accepting 75 and above, for high tone and get a high tone but no numbers, switch to 2 tone. If you still dont get numbers dig it, Good chance it'll either be a really deep coin or just deep n on edge. Deep silver dimes can be 86-87 too, not 81-82 like for shallow. Gold at 22, 24, 26. 27 n 50ish seem the norm, but I have seen a thin gold ring at 67.

Good luck

Palestine is a bit east of east TX……..

Who lives in Clyde, between Palestine and D/FW? I do, and need to find some available old sites to hunt. Suggestions?

Monte

Confetrit, I was just thinking the same thing. Great brains think alike. We in Georgia got stuck with a couple of looser liberals last election. God help us from idiots with no desire to support a Constitutional Republic. With all the illegal aliens being able to vote soon (free this and free that) we are a nation crying of pain. Sorry for my rant.

After a lot of research, I just couldn't pass up the two coil deal on this machine for $339! Seems like a real steal. I needed a good metered trash machine to compliment my Minelab Sovereign XS with the 12X13 NEL coil on it.
I'm a long time Sovereign user but I know it's limitations and I don't run mine with a meter. It was a toss up between the Vanquish and the Simplex but I was never a fan of the flutey tones Minelab started using so.....Simplex it is!
I plan on running the Simplex with the smaller coil and I also purchased the carbon fiber lower rod and headphone adapter cord in case the WHPs don't work out for me.
Love the ergonomic set up, waterproof capabilities and updateable software this machine offers. Other detector companies better take note. I honestly don't know how they pack so many features into a machine at this price point! Can't wait to try her out!
HH George
I had an old XLT detector from Whites I purchased used for $800 about 20 years ago. It did OK and showed a graphic representation of what the suspected target was. I sold it recently on Ebay and got almost enough to by the Simplex with wireless headphones...which is a blessing to not have cords.

Met a guy in my local park that was using one and decided to get it.

It finds coins deep but, I live in California and I want something that will find nuggets. This is where I made my mistake by not researching first. I should have bough a detector with a frequency higher that 12Khz. Suck as the Gold Finder from Nakro that sends at 62Khz. However, these frequencies are not as good for finding coins.

I have a 6.5 gram nugget that is just shy of a CM in diameter. I can air detect it at 6-7 inches, but in ground only 5 inches.

I have a small sport plane that can land in remote off field places so I can detect in undetected places.

I have watched the couple in OUTBACK GOLD and they detect the subgram nuggets down deep with a Minelab detector. I believe it is the 7000 which is reaching the $10K level.

These can send multi frequencies at the same time. However, I am going to give the Sinplex a try for some shallow larger nuggets along the Kern River. I'll let you all know if I find any gold.

All that said...the Simplex does a fantastic job for coins and trash at a low price point.

I am new to this forum.

John M