Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well life rolls on

My Deep Tech X is waiting for a 7 or 8 inch coil, as well, hopefully smaller octagon shape. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by the 11" in iron sites. I found nothing with my G2+ w/5x10, coil at a site I hunt at least 3 times every year for last 5 yrs. Hunted behind it with the Deep Tech X w/11", on the same day, and found six coins. Really surprised me.

My Deep Tech X is waiting for a 7 or 8 inch coil, as well, hopefully smaller octagon shape. However, I have been pleasantly surprised by the 11" in iron sites. I found nothing with my G2+ w/5x10, coil at a site I hunt at least 3 times every year for last 5 yrs. Hunted behind it with the Deep Tech X w/11", on the same day, and found six coins. Really surprised me.

That's encouraging! I plan to use the 6" a lot, but it's good to know the 11" can deal with the heavy iron as well. A few weeks ago on DeepTech's Facebook page, one of the DeepTech people mentioned that two new coils are coming for the X: one smaller and one larger than the stock coil. Since they already have a 6", I'm guessing that the smaller one will be in the 7"-8" range. Which is my preferred size for the sites I typically hunt.

-Ken

just bought a mojave soon will have a couple more so I don't have to change coils but I will always be a beep and dig fan,, I dabble with the vdi's and might even get something "new to me" but my tesoros will always be here I have 7 now and scooping em up like candy the deals are unbelievable.. my little baby though is the machine in my pic,, like a classic car its not fast and doesn't have FM or AC but it cruises real nice!

DeepTech just teased the new coils. I’d upload a photo but the forum says it’s too large and won’t automatically resize it. Edit: had to cut it up and take a couple screenshots of screenshots on my phone to get the size lower
35A397D3-0A6E-4F0F-91CF-3F7D88804A1A.jpeg

The Deep Tech X really was fun on the beach this winter. Not only with it duel discrimination ,but that octagon coil can accurately sniff out those rusty beer caps.
Now at home was running up a good score at a HS football field. ( March 17, 2020) Marks the shut down on just about all activities in order to smother the Deadly Virus in my area. At 71 , I think I'm gonna lay up for a while.

Attachments

• 20200210_100801.jpg
    20200210_100801.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 283
I'm a convert when it comes to the Tesoro's...Sven peaked my interest a couple of years ago with Tesoro metal detectors...I've since acquired several and enjoy using them... wish I'd had someone steer me in that direction a long time ago.

My screen detectors now set and collect dust...my finds went up and the fun was put back into detecting once I found out just how good these little guys work on Canadian clad...My ring find up and the holy grail for me was found with a Golden uMax(5 dollar US gold coin 1881) last year!
I have two Golden uMax's Bandido II uMax,Eldorado uMax,Silver Sabre uMax,two Compadre's, Mojave and a Silver uMax....Love all of them:)
All I use now..and have opened the eyes of some of my fellow detector friends who in turn have acquired a few as well....Tesoro's are the best kept secret here in Canada:)

Attachments

• 6984.jpg
    6984.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 252
That is one heck of a coin, Whimpster! Your experience switching to Tesoros is very close to my own -- I no longer own any machines with screens. :)

I have a Vista X ready to go when the ground thaws (if the ground thaws). Based on my indoor air-tests, it's going to be a really fun machine.

-Ken

I started with Tesoro the main reason is I didn't want to have to look at a damn screen,,, I looked at computer screens and phones all dang day at work and therefor wanted no part of it in metal detecting, I'll hear the beep and I'll dig it and see what it is how hard is that.. BUT I fell in love with tesoros once I figured out how to really use them now I have 7 of them 3 are compadres and I have some beep and dig fishers and recently bought a Mojave that I haven't even used yet so who knows with that one maybe I will have 3 of those soon too.

when I get bored with Tesoro I have to take a look at those deep techs though.

Whimster has it right, Tesoros rock up here, amazing how well they work, so simple to use and fun to hunt with.
If your not looking for crazy depth, a Tesoro will find it.
The Mojave is actually a really nice detector, mainly because of the 7" coil.
If some one wants to step outside the Tesoro box, then I would suggest looking at the deeper seeking Vista X with the smaller coil.
Otherwise keep having fun with your Tesoro.

Alright, I know I am late to the party and a brand new forum member, but I must say it was the the Tesoro detectors a year and a half ago that got me interested in the hobby. I'm in my mid 30s, and was looking for a detector. I wanted to spring for an AT pro, but after seeing some tests against a few other detectors, I decided the vaquero was what I wanted. A black vaquero at that. Well, I sprung for a new Mojave due to the great entry price. Just 8 months ago, I found a new black vaquero for less than what I paid for the mojave!
To sum it up, I'm new at this, young, and did not want a machine telling me what is in the ground by a number. My experience with this machine is limited, but I will not part with it. I would rather listen to what is in the ground and decide for myself than to look at a number with some audio feedback. I know I will buy something else in the future, but warranty or not, I'm glad I purchased these two.

Alright, I know I am late to the party and a brand new forum member, but I must say it was the the Tesoro detectors a year and a half ago that got me interested in the hobby. I'm in my mid 30s, and was looking for a detector. I wanted to spring for an AT pro, but after seeing some tests against a few other detectors, I decided the vaquero was what I wanted. A black vaquero at that. Well, I sprung for a new Mojave due to the great entry price. Just 8 months ago, I found a new black vaquero for less than what I paid for the mojave!
To sum it up, I'm new at this, young, and did not want a machine telling me what is in the ground by a number. My experience with this machine is limited, but I will not part with it. I would rather listen to what is in the ground and decide for myself than to look at a number with some audio feedback. I know I will buy something else in the future, but warranty or not, I'm glad I purchased these two.
3sin be interesting on what a new guy is hunting for. Maybe something on what your finding. You got the right attitude for hurting with a analog, so let us know how it's going.

Wow. Your just like me, buddy! I’m your age, and started detecting with a vaquero for all the reasons you stated back in 2013. Well, and we found a 1853 seated liberty quarter one day in my in-laws sunflower patch...which started an addiction
But, I just want to say, your doing yourself a huge injustice by not branching out with at least one machine. The vaquero is great, it can do most anything you’d ever need really. I spent 5 years with mine and still have it. It found me some really cool relics.
After many hunts on my usual short hunt time frame, I got super frustrated with digging deep iron and having to dig trash. It is great on old plowed field homesites loaded with iron, say uninhabited no later than the 20s or 30s where everything is just cast through the first few inches of soil, up to 6” or so. I found tons of goodies out of dense iron from mid 19th century farms with the 5.75 concentric.
Then I found a good deal on a T2SE with 5 coils and I knew of its relic rep. I bought it and the vaquero sits. That thing will dust the vaquero in nearly every hunting situation I encounter except high EMI areas. So I started buying up FT machines, a GBP, an Omega 8000 v4. The T2 and Gold Bug Pro are nearly irreplaceable in my book.
All that being said, I still have the vaquero for a reason. It’s fun to use when I have time to use a small coil and dig all deeper sounding targets above iron. And it will hang with the t2 in moderate iron but it won’t see the deeper small stuff way below iron like the t2 sometimes can. It’s a good fun machine, it my good finds increased with others. Now I’m wanting to try the vista x. Seems to me it would answer the vaqueros weaknesses nicely. This is all my opinion, good luck man.

3sin be interesting on what a new guy is hunting for. Maybe something on what your finding. You got the right attitude for hurting with a analog, so let us know how it's going.
I am just hunting, on occasion, the parks out of town and at the freshwater lake beaches when I can. Clad coins, a ton of bottle caps, and some aluminum... you guys/gals know, the usual... nothing special yet.

Last edited:
Wow. Your just like me, buddy! I’m your age, and started detecting with a vaquero for all the reasons you stated back in 2013. Well, and we found a 1853 seated liberty quarter one day in my in-laws sunflower patch...which started an addiction
But, I just want to say, your doing yourself a huge injustice by not branching out with at least one machine. The vaquero is great, it can do most anything you’d ever need really. I spent 5 years with mine and still have it. It found me some really cool relics.
After many hunts on my usual short hunt time frame, I got super frustrated with digging deep iron and having to dig trash. It is great on old plowed field homesites loaded with iron, say uninhabited no later than the 20s or 30s where everything is just cast through the first few inches of soil, up to 6” or so. I found tons of goodies out of dense iron from mid 19th century farms with the 5.75 concentric.
Then I found a good deal on a T2SE with 5 coils and I knew of its relic rep. I bought it and the vaquero sits. That thing will dust the vaquero in nearly every hunting situation I encounter except high EMI areas. So I started buying up FT machines, a GBP, an Omega 8000 v4. The T2 and Gold Bug Pro are nearly irreplaceable in my book.
All that being said, I still have the vaquero for a reason. It’s fun to use when I have time to use a small coil and dig all deeper sounding targets above iron. And it will hang with the t2 in moderate iron but it won’t see the deeper small stuff way below iron like the t2 sometimes can. It’s a good fun machine, it my good finds increased with others. Now I’m wanting to try the vista x. Seems to me it would answer the vaqueros weaknesses nicely. This is all my opinion, good luck man.
Thanks. I know I will purchase another one at a later date, but the Mojave and Vaquero are just fine for now. I dont get out enough to justify another one. I was happy enough to find a clad quarter at least 13 conservative inches down last week in wet fresh water sand, along with some other clad masked by some old fencing wire that I am sure many have missed at an old park. When the time comes I will broaden my horizons. Until then, I am content.