Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well life rolls on

Now it's a beauty contest ? Looks only count to the beholder, the beauty is whats in your pouch when you head home. I bought a couple of Beauts in my life. Didnt always work out. Thats why theres a lot of to compare. A driver knows when a auto isn't right for him. A shooter needs a gun to feel good in his hand, the right fishing rod. It go's on. How about some of those "Honeys in Hollywood ? Want to take a chance on one of them? Married 6-8 times.
How about those Beauty dog shows, the Hounds can't hunt a lick. So one good thing ( according to the above) if my house gets robbed, my Trusty Vista X will still be there .
Detecta you'll be ok with your X I'm having a lot of fun with mine !

Now it's a beauty contest ? Looks only count to the beholder, the beauty is whats in your pouch when you head home. I bought a couple of Beauts in my life. Didnt always work out. Thats why theres a lot of to compare. A driver knows when a auto isn't right for him. A shooter needs a gun to feel good in his hand, the right fishing rod. It go's on. How about some of those "Honeys in Hollywood ? Want to take a chance on one of them? Married 6-8 times.
How about those Beauty dog shows, the Hounds can't hunt a lick. So one good thing ( according to the above) if my house gets robbed, my Trusty Vista X will still be there .
Detecta you'll be ok with your X I'm having a lot of fun with mine !

Attachments

• 20200210_100801.jpg
    20200210_100801.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 302
LOL, to each his own. I have to agree that the X doesn't look as cool as most of the Tesoros do. But if I wanted to look stylish, I think I picked the wrong hobby :)

-Ken

Old Post, but maybe I'm the only guy (or gal) in his 30s that still looking best my tesoros.
I have "fancy" detectors too, but something about the tesoros. Fell in love with my 8" compadre and as they say the rest is history.

Hey now, I'm also in my 30's! I also collect the Tesoro detectors as well. The K.I.S.S. method is tried and true...

I've always wanted to try a Nautilus (supposedly one of the deepest in it's day) but had gotten spoiled on lighter weight Tesoro's. Like the OP stated (original poster) I also really miss the old Tesoro and Shadow forums from the past but like he said...Life rolls on...hopefully. Ha!

My 2 cents. I been detecting for about 20 years. Started with a bounty hunter discovery 3300, it had a screen. Bought newer and better with screens, but I also bought a Garrett Seahuntwr Mark 2 early on, for use at Salt Water beaches. I used it at fresh water lakes to get some practice, and found some good stuff with it. It was my first beep 'n dig machine. I then bought an old Tesoro Stingray 2 water machine, a beep and dig, which I still have. It was an awesome water machine, this was before the AT Pro came out and not many land machines were waterproof, also picked up and Excal 2 back then, another beep 'n dig. So I have always had an appreciation for the B/D detectors. I also own and have owned a few Detector Pro beep n digs too. I also relic hunt with a Minelab GPX, so Im not afraid to dig. I am going to try using the Vista X on my sites too as I really belive each detector has strengths and weaknesses, and no one detector is perfect for every site. And I just enjoy learning new machines and seeing what they can do, and what I can do with them. I know some folks will call me crazy for running an analog beep and dig when I own some top of the line machines, but I think there are targets I can squeak out with the Vista X, we shall see!

When I first started watching the forum's in early 2000. Lot of Tesoro hunters. Guys talking about their Sabers, Bandits, DeLorins, Cortez the Compadre. Than the mysterious Golden. Troy had a good run. I believe Tesoro sold a gang of Mojave's. Just a few years ago too. Than Wammo. K-Put.
So rather the guys quit hunting or got too old or moved on. Just not many guys telling of their hunts. Things sorta dried up in the school yards & parks, but you can still dig up some fun. Deep Tech trying to get their new analog a foot hold in North America. I was looking at the Fisher F5. It's like a Hi Bred , got knobs and a silly screen. About the closest I have found since the fall. You know Tesoro sure put a lot of tech in those little boxes. Gonna B missed. Well as for me, I got the Light Brigade. Mojave and the HH Pirate Pro. Their both closing in on a thousand coins this season. Makes a challenge.
I bought my Vaquero woth lifetime warranty seven months before they closed. It's still like brand new and it's probably my favorite but I haven't learned the tones. Busy with my new Nokta Simplex Plus. The Simplex is good but if you super tune that Vaquero I don't think many will touch it.

I bought my Vaquero woth lifetime warranty seven months before they closed. It's still like brand new and it's probably my favorite but I haven't learned the tones. Busy with my new Nokta Simplex Plus. The Simplex is good but if you super tune that Vaquero I don't think many will touch it.
Yeah team, know what you mean. I ended up getting the Deep Vista X , and ain't looking back. I wanted a powerful accurate analog with variable discrimination. And it really suits what I was looking for. So like you, when I find a machine I like, I can't put it down.

Received a gift from a friend, a Blisstool V5. Always wanted to try a Blisstool. Wish came true, came with 3 coils. Finding the 7x9 coil a joy to use. I managed to click with this detector right away. Found the controls easy to figure out and understand, as well as how they interact with each other. Excellent detector among the trash in schoolyards, also excellent on Canadian clad coins. For me, this beeper is a keeper.

The DeepTech Vista X is an excellent detector, and now they came out with a similar concept small control box Smart + Pro.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 328
  • bliss finds July 2020.jpg
    bliss finds July 2020.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 305
Never really heard too much about the Blisstool V5. No screen to scroll through on that one to make adjustments...knobs and toggles which would suit me fine!

Yep the Mojo busted a lot of targets in trash for me. Sold it off for a Deep Tech X analog, whole different anamal. Use another machine for close work, until the X comes out with 7 to 8 inch coil.
Nows its 2021 and my Vista X has had a lot of targets dug from under it's coil. Took awhile for me to get fairly smooth with this analog. Time in the field is always the biggest factor, going back over the videos, some experimenting going back to the manual. Now most veterans wouldn't have much difficulity , . In my use of hunting clad and jewelry mostly on older school and sport fields. I've found targets that I have left. I've had very good luck on Silver items, deeper clad, ect. I adjust for my areas of hunting. I'm not a relic hunter but I've read it gets it done there also. Sopposely it's mainly used for. relic hunting. Like most hunters, I pair it with another machine with target ID. Between the two in my case it mainly depends on getting the coil over the target. In the end it's what you enjoy.

The vista X actually has a functioning pinpoint ,not so with the vaquero,cibola etc. Why tesoro never addressed the pinpoint feature on they're machines is beyond me. I use pinpoint to size a target,and get a idea on what it could be. Can't do that accurately with tesoro,they go in and out of pinpoint instead of holding true.Sure I could flip to all metal but who wants to do that for the whole hunt on every target.

When I first started watching the forum's in early 2000. Lot of Tesoro hunters. Guys talking about their Sabers, Bandits, DeLorins, Cortez the Compadre. Than the mysterious Golden. Troy had a good run. I believe Tesoro sold a gang of Mojave's. Just a few years ago too. Than Wammo. K-Put.
So rather the guys quit hunting or got too old or moved on. Just not many guys telling of their hunts. Things sorta dried up in the school yards & parks, but you can still dig up some fun. Deep Tech trying to get their new analog a foot hold in North America. I was looking at the Fisher F5. It's like a Hi Bred , got knobs and a silly screen. About the closest I have found since the fall. You know Tesoro sure put a lot of tech in those little boxes. Gonna B missed. Well as for me, I got the Light Brigade. Mojave and the HH Pirate Pro. Their both closing in on a thousand coins this season. Makes a challenge.
If I still hunted like I used to, my Tiger Shark and Silver umax would be used frequently. Last dealing I had with the Gifford was to hard-wire my headphones to the Tiger. With the old connection, the machine would false in waist deep water, when that part hit water. Been working good since. I could usually hunt all summer on a full set of batteries.

Just couldn't get passed a 1 tone detector WHF was that all about
If a company doesn't update and upgrade their tech they go by way of Tesoro. GONE

The vista X actually has a functioning pinpoint ,not so with the vaquero,cibola etc. Why tesoro never addressed the pinpoint feature on they're machines is beyond me. I use pinpoint to size a target,and get a idea on what it could be. Can't do that accurately with tesoro,they go in and out of pinpoint instead of holding true.Sure I could flip to all metal but who wants to do that for the whole hunt on every target.
Hmmm ... never had a problem sizing in pinpoint with my Tesoro detectors. Not sure what you were experiencing.