Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well new 600...sounds like coil bad?

mascard1

I sure like Minelab...But to send a machine out (with a bad coil) AHHHH!!!!......Time to send it back ..I guess...Back to the E-trac(Which I think is the Best)......Did a factory reset...got a code FP......then some other code?

FP just means Factory Preset.. Is the detector not working at all?
Page 64 of the manual is the trouble shooting guide..

https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/326548/4901-0249-1%20Inst.%20Manual,%20EQUINOX%20600%20800%20EN.pdf

Get ahold of the customer support people, whoever they are now that KellyCo is out of the picture, and make sure you are doing everything right; and then get it exchanged. Since Minelab is trying to capitalize on the hoopla attending the rollout of the Minelab and does not want negative publicity, I expect they will quickly replace the coil or entire machine.

Remove the coil cable and ck all the pins and the connection itself to ensure nothing is bent! Sounds like a bent pin in the connection. I would think every machine part, head unit and coil and wireless, is all tested in some fashion prior to packing and shipping. Would be totally moronic to make a bunch of parts and put them in a box without testing if some sort. Coils are probably tested after assembly, head unit, wireless, etc., all tested, then put in box for shipping. So, to me when it is assembled by the end user and the coil appears to be giving crazy signals, I would suspect some sort of assembly issue with coil cable pins, or possibly something under the coil cover. Just my 4 cents worth. But, as others said, after cking all the connections and all is good and it still does crazy crap, then call ML and get a return on it started. If you have a dealer nearby that handles them you might just drop in on them and get them to ck it out.

Dealer ..I brought it from...was on the ball...got a hold of Jamie at Minelab and she sent me a return label(2nd day air)and are sending it back (2nd day air).....I think Minelab is really trying to step up repairs!..I guess when you make a lot of cookies...A couple get burnt!