Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went from happy to pissed pretty quickly.

Kieth-Tx

My battery compartment flooded on my CTX so I sent it to Kellyco 2 months ago. Warranty was up in June they said. OK...I still need it fixed. Going on a planned hunt this coming weekend but as of last week I still had no machine. Called and told them the situation and they got the unit done and shipped. I signed for it from Fedex today....awesome!!! But the happy face was short lived because opening the box a piece falls out. Hmmm. Upon further investigation the unit was wrapped great above and below but the unit had no protection on the ends. The clip actually broke the battery case in two spots so the whole end piece is toast. Water hunt is now shot to hell.

That sucks!

Take photos of the box and file claim with Minelab/Kellyco and or FEDEX.

Is your beach hunt anywhere near Orlando? They do have walk in service.

They botched a repair job and paid for overnight both ways. That won't help for this weekend though.

Called Marty at repair center...he asked for pictures. Sent pictures of damage and shipping box. He was not happy with boxing. They are taking care of it.

Martygene,
I truly thank you for the offer....but I am in far South Texas! It is people like you that make this hobby fun and enjoyable. You have a standing offer for a relic hunt if your ever down this way!
I have a CZ-21 as my backup but it is not even in the same ballpark as th CTX.
Thanks again
Kieth

Keith, just for grins, what exactly (if you know) was replaced/repaired and what was the cost? Lots of us are either out of warranty or on the last year, so it helps to make decisions regarding getting new machine or repairing. Dont go sneaking on PINS??? lol

Sucks it got broke....Took three months to get e-trac fixed......I was not happy with Kellyco.....but they have your b...lls in a sling.....only one with parts to fix!

My battery compartment flooded and the pins badly corroded overnight. They replaced the end housing and my internal speaker(never worked) for 205.00 which I think is very reasonable.
Kieth