Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What am I going to be missing out on...?

Ok, then I buy both and keep whichever one I like the most and sell the other on. All it take is more and more money.
I kind of feel like the lyric's fron that song from the 70's - "So close but yet so far.."

Makes more sense to me to just get the 600 first. Maybe you won't like the Equinox line anyway. Owning both would be a hassle if you weren't happy. I've been thinking a lot, about getting a second used, well priced 600, just for mounting the 6" on one and the 11" on the other, and pack both. I should still be under a grand for both.

Its simple , since you dont have a blue tooth hang up , just buy the 800 and sell the blue tooth headphones on one of the many treasure forums . There are many people that want to buy a pair and in this way you can have your cake and eat it too . I have had my 88 for over a year now and have yet to try out the blue tooth headphones . For starters you dont need blue tooth head phones to use your machine wireless , just hook up your favorite pair of headphone's to the provided adapter module thats included !
Problem solved - Or if you really dont care just plug in a pair directly to the machine , you'll still have both options .

Treasureguy56 said:
Its simple , since you dont have a blue tooth hang up , just buy the 800 and sell the blue tooth headphones on one of the many treasure forums . There are many people that want to buy a pair and in this way you can have your cake and eat it too . I have had my 88 for over a year now and have yet to try out the blue tooth headphones . For starters you dont need blue tooth head phones to use your machine wireless , just hook up your favorite pair of headphone's to the provided adapter module thats included !
Problem solved - Or if you really dont care just plug in a pair directly to the machine , you'll still have both options .

That sounds doable. Thanks,

Understand that Bluetooth and Wi-Stream are two different things...Wi-Stream is Minelabs proprietary audio transmission system which is very slightly quicker than Bluetooth, which is open source. Wi-Stream will ONLY work with the WM-08 wireless module. If your hearing SUCKS, it won’t matter. If you have good hearing and are paying attention to multiple targets which require precise separation, it will make a difference. I have to understand that not everyone is ME, but if you are....you’ll be wanting that module. It’s a matter of PHYSICS with this, not opinion...:thumbup:

IDXMonster said:
Understand that Bluetooth and Wi-Stream are two different things...Wi-Stream is Minelabs proprietary audio transmission system which is very slightly quicker than Bluetooth, which is open source. Wi-Stream will ONLY work with the WM-08 wireless module. If your hearing SUCKS, it won’t matter. If you have good hearing and are paying attention to multiple targets which require precise separation, it will make a difference. I have to understand that not everyone is ME, but if you are....you’ll be wanting that module. It’s a matter of PHYSICS with this, not opinion...:thumbup:

I appreciate the information, I was unaware of the real differences between the two. As it happens I do have good hearing and value the ability to hear the separation. For as we all know, good targets are getting harder and harder to come by.

Dan'O said:
IDXMonster said:

I appreciate the information, I was unaware of the real differences between the two. As it happens I do have good hearing and value the ability to hear the separation. For as we all know, good targets are getting harder and harder to come by.

Spot on Dan, ANY edge is an edge, even if measured in milliseconds! It doesn’t effect if the machine finds targets or not, but it effects(ever so slightly) the speed at which the signal reaches your ears. When you’re looking at the ground and listening at the same time while trying to decipher a tough signal...it can count.

Thanks everyone for your posts.
I've decided on the 800 and 6" coil.
I now have about 3 months to learn the menus and how the different settings work in conjunction with one another- at least in an air test type of environment.

Glad to see it Dan, you’ll be happy in the long run that you’ll be able to have the adjustability the 800 offers. Some people don’t NEED the fine tuning and such, but it’s really nice to have if you really want to get seriously serious. My opinion on the matter of course, and I know it will never please everyone. The trick is not to care...:thumbup:

One consideration is with the lower costing 600’, you can afford
To get accessory items like telescoping carbon fiber shaft or
Backpack, or New pinpointer.

Dan'O said:
laplander said:
The audio alone is a deal breaker for me with the wireless module. JMO. The 600 package sounds pretty sweet, sounds like you have already decided though.
HH Jeff

Are you saying the audio with the wireless headphones is less than stellar?

Here is my opinion of the wireless headphones audio. Too much bass and not enough highs with the wireless headphones for the 800.

I bought the Miccus SR-71 because they are better sounding. But they will not pair with my 800 and nobody has a solution for that problem. So I use the SR-71 with 1/8" plug and cable with my WM-08 module clipped to my belt. A good solution for me because I really don't like bluetooth radio frequencies that close to my head.