Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What an amazing year so far...

jimzilla

Well I haven't hunted as much this year compared to last year due to me working more but my finds with the CTX have been better. I have found a record setting (personal) 311 Indians including many 1870s which are semi key dates. In addition I have found 200 silver coins ( I found 4 today which puts me at 200) including 15 seated dimes, 31 Barber dimes and 94 Mercury dimes. I must say the CTX has been paid off twice fold or more.

That's a vary good year I have not been out vary much this year my self I would have to say my best fiend of the year is a 1838 larg cent in vary good shape congrats to you and HH

Where do you live to be able to find such terrific coins? I'm in northeast Texas and the pickin's here are slim. Yeah, I have found some nice coins, even broke into the 1800's, but, nothing compared to you. I am 67 yrs old and only been MD'ing for 3 years with my first machine, a Fisher F75 standard. It paid for itself the first year (quite unexpected) in clad alone.
So far with my new CTX I have not had much luck.....one silver Rosie......I'm still learning the machine, had it two weeks today. Even though I am more comfortable with the F75 and found it much easier to learn, I know the CTX hits deeper and I will eventually learn its' language.

Keep up the good hunting and stay safe......

Eh, I'm not doubting him at all. With the right sites and the right amount of time invested, I think anyone here could put up those numbers with the CTX.

Congrats on all of your finds Jim. Gotta get that silver count higher.:)

For anyone who doubts his numbers, I detect with Jimzilla and I know his finds are real. HH to all.

Congratulations Jim, a very good year indeed :clapping:

To the doubters, Jim is probably hunting more than most of us and has access to prime hunting grounds being a full time Realtor. Hunting virgin yards on a regular basis will fill your pouch in a hurry especially where the population in the 1800's was concentrated. :biggrin:

Location, location, location.

And if the weather holds out, I have no doubt that you'll boost those totals even more. As Larry (IL) stated, totals such as these are fully obtainable. I've had the good fortune to have been in this hobby for a long time. And my personal experience leaves no doubt in my mind that there are more coins still hiding out there, than have been recovered. It takes research, practice and patience. Jim has obviously learned the functionality of his CTX 3030. Add that knowledge and skill to finding the "right places" to hunt, and there is no limit to what we might accomplish. Again.....Congratulations on a great season, Jim. :clap: HH Randy

dougj7 said:
Congrats on all of your finds Jim. Gotta get that silver count higher.:)

For anyone who doubts his numbers, I detect with Jimzilla and I know his finds are real. HH to all.

I'll second that statement along with the congrats.

Lmao why can't people just be glad for a person that knows the machine. I don't know why anyone would want to lie about what they fine. Congratulations to anyone that owns a Ctx it accomplish in its self. I have hunt right beside others and walked right behind them only to find what they have missed. Does that make me better than them,, no lucky maybe.

Thanks guys for the support and one thing that I wont ever do is lie about my finds. It's like lying about your score while playing golf...you're only cheating yourself. I hunt about 20 hours a week and have access as Larry stated, to private yards and some great public parks. I have been detecting for 30 years and while only 39 y/o, I have lots of energy to dig. Research and persistence is the important thing to have in this hobby. I see many people detecting and digging the good targets. As some of my hunting buddies know, its the iffy targets that are good. Its simple...you just have to dig!!

Great job!

we live in a very old area and we are nearby very densely populated areas so it makes sense you're going to find a lot of old coins.

You guys have it made living in the oldest part of the US... :drool:

Just want you to know that I am NOT one of your doubters.....I was just curious as to what part of the country you live. You can call it envy, but, never doubt!! Congrats on all your finds!!

Nice year indeed Jim. I'm sure your count is far from over for this year.

Roland58 said:
Just want you to know that I am NOT one of your doubters.....I was just curious as to what part of the country you live. You can call it envy, but, never doubt!! Congrats on all your finds!!

Hi Roland, I live in the northeast. Its a really old area with lots of people

Great totals Jim - I don' t doubt them for a second. It's all about location and knowing what the heck you're doing - combine that with a machine like the CTX - deadly.:thumbup:

Thanks, GateKeeper, I figured as much. I may have a year 'round hunting season here, but, you certainly have the advantage on quality grounds!!!

Best wishes to you for continued success......