Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are the odds?

jackson00

Found these today. 1867 2 cent and I believe it is a civil war officers belt buckle. it is missing a couple of parts. but is still really cool. does anybody have any cleaning suggestions.

WOW! Awesome finds. I'm not sure about cleaning but if it was me, a toothpick would be it until someone comes up with a better option.

Holy cow Tom! That is amazing! Congrats to you and nice work! :clap:

I have read in other forums that after the war soldiers would often where their uniforms to work in once they returned home. Perhaps this man continued to use his belt once he returned home, took it off one hot day and forgot about it. I wonder if you could find old Plat maps from that time and maybe figure out who owened the land at that time. Possibility it could be that persons. Think it would be neat to know the history behind it.

Anyway, again, awesome finds!

Troy i found it at a ghost town site i have found that there was only 8 men from this town that were officers in the civil war

Tom

CIVIL WAR REGULATION MODEL 1851 PATTERN U.S. OFFICER'S RECTANGULAR SWORD BELT PLATE.

Dandy find and congratulations on the two cent piece as well. Soap and water with a soft brush should be all that you need to clean it up.

What awesome finds. I've NEVER seen anything like it Tom. BIG CONGRATULATIONS! Sweet two cent piece also. Very VERY cool finds and HH, Nancy

Many used their uniforms at funerals for Veterans, some joined the GAR, even at parades, Kids even lost them while playing. You have a very nice buckle, Larry has it right, leave it as is with soapy water and light toothbrush to unclog the dirt. Congratulations.

Now thats a SCORE! :surprised: If only that thing could talk! What an amazing hobby! Gives me the chills just looking at it!
Mud

Thanks for posting Mud.....:thumbup:

BTW members, Mud (John) has built some beautiful boats over the years, worth the look.... http://www.findmall.com/read.php?93,2040427

Wow, those are beautiful! Amazing.

Now that's a great day detecting. Congrats on your finds.