Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What coil to use???

kgramlich

I have a sharpshooter nel coil what do you think the depth would be compared to the coil that's comes on the etrac????thanks for any help

sharpshooter is strong up to about 5 inches. The x-5 sunray seems to go to about 6-7 inches. Stock 8 inches tops for me.

Where I'm at the 8" Minelab has hit a merc at 9" I dug 2 buffs yesterday at 7" with the Coiltek 6" I also have the Nel Sharpshooter and can easily hits coins in the 7-8" range. I hunt in heavy trash sites and seldom use the stock coil anymore, but have hit coins down to 9 1/2" with it.

I rarely use my SS but I have also hit coins easily in the 7-8" range...... I've never dug a coin deeper than 9" with any of my coils listed below but I don't count grass/air..............

I also have a x8 Sunray coil do any of you use it?? I think someone on here said that they never take it off its that good what do u this about it?? Thanks for the great advice...

The X-8 is well known to be one of the best coils for the e-series machines ever. That's not to say others aren't good,but you certainly cannot have mine. A lot of people opt for a mid sized coil for a number of reasons....still great depth,separation,weight,etc. The responses from the Sunray coils in general are nice and sharp and clear. There's a reason why they have been the "go to" aftermarket coils for the Minelabs for some time. Detechs and Coilteks are good too,so it's your preference in the end.

Thanks for your great advice... Will put the x8 on a give it a try...I have a heck of time pinpointing the 11 in coil that comes on the etrac...

I like the Coiltek Coils myself but that is not the reason for this post. I found that I was running my Sensitivity too high and killing my depth. i backed off to Auto +1 and my signals got stronger. My depth also improved most likely due to better ID

Yes, the SunRay Stealth X-8 is a great all around coil - I use mine a lot more than the stock 11" coil.
It's good in iron infested areas, hits deep and you still get a good amount of ground coverage.