Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What detectors did you use during 2017?

bugg

And what detectors did you buy and sell this year?

My detector I used the most was a Rutus Alter 71 , mostly for ring and beach hunting.
I purchased it last spring.

I also used an AT Gold and Minelab Sovereign.
I decided to let go of the last 2 and replace them with the Equinox 800 .

How about you?

I have tried a few: Minelab Go Find 40, Safari, and E-trac. Teknetics Delta 4000, Omega 8000, G2+. Taking the Garrett AT Max out tomorrow on it’s first hunt! Also have a Equinox 600 ordered. Good luck and happy hunting!

CTX, Etrac, GM1000, Fors Relic, Deus, Fors CoRe, Racer 2, Gold Racer, F-19, G2+, T2 Classic, Vaquero, Bandito 2 micromax, Silver Sabre ,Mojave, IDX Pro.

I used My E-Trac, AT Pro, 1266x, 7x and F75

I sold my Explorer SE, 1270 and T2. I also recently sold my FX-1 to joe dirt_1.
I had too many toys to play with had to let some go.

I bought three detectors (Racer2, Fisher F75 gold, and Whites MXsport) I tried each of these for approximately 30 hours before selling-trading.

I have had a Fisher F5 for several years, but maybe longer. This is what happens when you buy too many detectors. I traded the Racer2 for a Minelab Safari last May. With that said, I hunted most of the year with the F5 and Safari and had a pretty good year considering I have not detected any new spots.

I have a NEL Sharpshooter on the F5 and use it in trashier areas and it really performs. The resale on a F5 is terrible. I will keep this detector for a long time. It is one of my all time favorite detectors. The Safari is a super easy to use FBS machine and I have found it's performance to be nearly on par with it's more expensive brothers. I believe these two detectors will cover my needs for a long time. But, if I keep reading about that Equinox, I will probably be off and running.

Used my Sovereign GT and my Excalibur II. Ordered a Tesoro Compadre but it is backordered. Wanted a tot lo/under metal bleachers detector. My Xcal has found me some real pretty stuff this year. May give serious consideration to the Equinox in a few months based on the reviews.

I don't collect detectors. I just use them.

Started the year with my Deleon. But I wanted to try water hunting this year so I bought an ATPro back in March. I have an old school right across the street from my house that I've worked for years with any new detector I purchased. First time out I dug a silver dime that wasn't even registering on the display. Just a faint repeatable whisper of a high tone. Needless to say, I was impressed. So I kept using he ATpro and ended up having he best detecting year since I started in 1990. The most rings, the most overall silver and the oldest coin so far.
I was a big Tesoro fan for years, but all this success came from locations I've already pounded with my previous machines. So the Deleon is gone, and the ATMax is now on my wish list. Just want to see how the Equinox pans out first. Greatest thing since sliced bread, or over-hyped? We will see soon enough.

I give about equal time hunting the Garrett s Infinium, At Pro, Ace 250. Tesoro s Mojave picked up a thousand coins this year also.
But, I got to tell ya , I truly believe the importance of the machines might be a little over rated. For success, it's the site that's most important, than the hunter than the machine. Being a clad / jewelry hunter anymore I can't see a better machine would make me much difference. Now for the Silver / Relic hunters, that's probably a different story.
Just an opinion.
Dancer

Etrac, Racer 2, Mojave and a couple hours with a Bandido. Had a Few that I didn’t really touch this year and having moved and being short on space need to let a few go.

Rich

Most of the time I used my Whites V3i. I also used a like new, DFX with a Bigfoot coil. I bought the Bigfoot coil online to hunt sports fields..I used one of my MXT's with a small coil to hunt selected areas for small/micro jewelry.
Cashing in my gold and silver finds(old silver coins and jewelry) for 2016 came to $5607.00.This has been my best year yet.
I found several outlets/buyers that were interested in the gold jewelry. I found.
Bill.

Been sticking with the exact same lineup since 2014: Deus, CTX, CZ3D, and Omega 8000. Just haven't seen anything else lately that really interests me. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on an Equinox though, but plan to wait until a bunch of other people have gotten their hands on them first. ;)

Same detector for the last three and 1/2 years my good old pal the F5. I've learned enough each year to feel like I'm using a different machine every year.

Etrac in August 2016 then a Deus 2017 I started in 2016 so the Etrac is my beach machine deus on land...
No one detector can do everything lol...
I want the Equnox 800 but I have to sell my Etrac first..