Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do you like about the Tesoro brand of detectors over the other brands?

padiggin

Just curious among the Tesoro group here, what features about the Tesoro models do you like better than what the other brands offer? Is there anything specific about the Tesoros that you feel offer you better performance for your money compared to other brands?

For me, I like and enjoy the simplicity of the Tesoro. The 'beep and dig' Tesoro I find to be easier to use. I can interpret the sound of a Tesoro easier than I can with other brands. I do have one other brand of detector that is quite popular today and while I do like it, I find it's "talk" to be difficult at times to figure out. With the Tesoros, I don't seem to have that problem. I own two Tesoros, the Stingray II and the Tejon. I love both of them for their simplicity. Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to interpret the beeps and from my experience, seem to be just as powerful and deep seeking as any other detector out there on the market. With the other brands with the TID, I find that with all that added info, it just adds to the confusion of whether to dig or not dig. I say that based on my experience and my own personal opinion. I know others feel differently about TID. When I set up my Tejon its so easy to set up, it's so light and it's just so powerful and easy to know when to dig or not dig. It's got a lightening fast recovery, it handles the iron in a way that I prefer and I don't have to interpret different sounds and TID screen information. I found a man's gold wedding band recently at an old farmstead and I was very surprised about how well that Tejon just picked it right up! It was amazing! With that other brand I use, it would have given me multiple readings with sound and TID that I would have struggled to figure out whether to dig it or not. Not so with the Tesoro. Anyway, I was just curious what you all love about your Tesoros over the other brand detectors. I guess I'm curious because I'm wondering if others feel the same way I do about the Tesoros. I just love my Tesoros.

Light weight, easy to set up, sensitive to very small pieces of metal (although that is a two edged sword kind of feature), coil selection, manufacturer support. I don't have a Tesoro TID model.
tvr

Don, you just about summed up everything I like about Tesoros. I will add that the no nonsense lifetime warranty and excellent service is another great reason to stick with Tesoro.:tesoro: :clapping:

I agree with all the input here plus I like having knobs instead of pushpads.

I like Tesoro detectors for what they are not - they are not heavy, they are not hard to use, they are not cheaply made, they are not over expensive & most of all they are not made by a company that doesn't take care of their customers. Steve.

Having mostly Tesoro's and other makes in the mix, the simplicity, knobs, audio quality, and they just work, is what keeps Tesoro's here. You get a well built detector for the value that's effective. They kind of stand on their own in comparison. Have the feeling they are usually up to the task.

You can see - mostly Tesoro (although I have added a few since this shot)
[attachment 145825 FamilyPhoto.JPG]

and i thought i had detector sickness there last year with six tesoro's and everything mentioned above why i like tesoro detectors and that i 've had extremly good luck with 10khz in my ground for coins!

Excellent and easy to use detectors with an unsurpassed focus on customer service by the company.

A lifetime warranty on an electronic product that gets used in the dirt is pretty darn amazing.

I agree with everything posted, but would like to add quick response and retune. If you ever grab a machine that is sluggish when trying to pinpoint or slow to retune after passing over a discriminated target instead of a Tesoro (or any brand that responds quickly) it will drive you nuts.
Padiggin, I see you also have an MXT as do I. It will speak to you in a language you can understand if you put enough time in with it. However, I'm thinking you probably enjoy the light weight and all that goes with the Tesoros so you reach for them first. I've had several higher end tid machines of other brands and do have a DeLeon and while the other machines were quite capable, they just weren't as much FUN to use as my Tesoros. My two bits.
Dig often, dig deep
BB

It works well in the soil of the ghost towns in the west desert. And that's saying something.

Silver Sabre uMAX

I have 2 xlt whites,which are great machines,but let me tell ya.since I got a cibola over a year ago,they sit in the corner.this machine has paid for itself over an over.when you can dig a fired 22 bullet at 8 inches,It speaks for itself.Its simple,easy to use.no hard learning curve,not a lot of bells an whistles,the list goes on.I have to say people think its a kids toy sometimes,when they see how light an small it is.but hey! a company that has a lifetime warranty on their machines, that says it all.

I'm coming back to Tesoro, as I plan to purchase a Tejon again. I've found out that short of spending a fortune, most of the TID machines are either not built very well, don't get real decent depth, or just don't provide enough nuance in their sound profile to get really proficient with. I'm keeping my X-terras for coinshooting as they excel there, but I need a relic machine that can take the field abuse that naturally occurs, gets good depth and will tell me the difference between iron and nonferrous. I had a Tejon before, but didn't give it a chance as I had just picked up an F75 about the same time (what a mistake that was). Anyway, I'm back in the non TID camp, to stay this time.

Thanks BB - Yes, it does and I find that I'm learning the MXT better the more I use it, however I still find the Tesoro 'language' easier to understand. Just something about that analog sound that for me personally just makes it easy to understand. That digital stuff just has too many nuances to figure out. And that VDI stuff sometimes drives me crazy when it jumps all over the place. For me, it just doesn't seem to 'lock on' to a sweet signal like the Tesoros do. I got that MXT book and while some parts were easy to understand, some of it gets so complicated I felt like I needed a degree in electrical engineering to figure out what was being explained. Trust me, I still use the MXT a lot, especially when I go to that DIV event in Virginia. With that hot mineralized soil, it's one of the few machines that works fairly well. Although I remember my first DIV event I used a Tesoro Golden Sabre as it was the only machine I had at the time....and to be honest, I found the most amount of relics with that machine than at the many others where I used the MXT. So, I'm beginning to wonder if the MXT really is that good in the hot soil as the Tesoro I used. Maybe is was just luck of where I swung the coil that day, but I've yet to find the amount of relics at a DIV like I found that very first time with my Tesoro. I've since traded it for a Tejon, I probably should have kept that Golden Sabre. One thing is for certain, at those DIV events, the machine that is bringing home that biggest amount of relics now are those White's TDIs. Those things are like magic wands in that crappy soil to those that know how to use them. Anyway, I digress - I agree BB that the MXT is a great machine, no doubt there. I find that the Tesoros just 'fit' with my personality better. I just love my Tesoros.

Hey Tab - that's quite a collection of detectors you've got there! Very nice!

n/t

A very varied array of coil types and sizes at affordable prices. No other mfg offers this type of coil selection for their units.

HH
Mike

Best water tight problem free freshwater detector around! And it is about half the price as any thing that comes close to it! Great professional dealers that are not interested in just dumping detectors on the market but are interested in the folks that buy them too. I had one Tesoro dealer spend more energy and time with me making sure I understood the Tiger Shark then all the other non Tesoro dealers put together over a 6 month period when I was buying other brands. If you check back on my Tesoro posts you will find out who that was!

Oh yes the detector I refer to is the [size=x-large]Tiger Shark, of course![/size]

I own other detectors, but if I ever have to weed any out it won't be my Tesoros!

Thanks - Although I have added a few detectors (latest - Vision), I had let a few go. No worry though - I couldn't let any of the Tesoro's go, and I don't plan to.
It says something, that although I have a few detectors that cost over a grand each, I use Tesoro the most. And out of the Tesoro's I have, I use the Compadre and Silver uMax the most locally, and the Tejon mostly when out in the hills for relic. The other fit somewhere in between once in awhile.
I kind of look at it - what's not to like about them.

n/t