Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Good Is A PIRATE Without Pirate SOFTWARE???

Dude, what are you talking about? Tell the truth?

I think what you mean is that your site WILL add up all the gold and tally it as you go, and that is true. But if you switch to silver, platinum, or any other metal, you will lose what you have so far and reset the counter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way it works for me. With the spreadsheet you can do it for all 3 metals and it will tally it all, based on weight, karat value, and spot pirce and you can save it and use it all season. To me, that's better than the web site. If you prefer the website, go for it. But you don't have to take it personal. Unless it's YOUR website. In which case I would say to you "Hey, that's a very nice web tool you have there."

That's all the truth I know.

Let me know when V2 arrives!

When inputting the Purity/Karats in Column E, could Purity/Percent in Column F automatically grab the value and place it there. Otherwise, you would have to constantly refer to the bottom of the sheet for those numbers.

OK, I'm confused now. When you input the purity into column E, column F automatically updates to the correct percentage...as it should. What am I missing? Is your sheet somehow not calculating? You shouldn't have to put anything in column F.

It's probably just me because I translated it to work on my Mac.

Can you send me the formula that would automatically enter the percentage into Column F?

Whoa...your MAC??? :lol: Well there you go!

I can't help but to think of those Apple/Mac commercials where the cool Mac guy is bashing the nerdy Windows guy and saying how much trouble those crappy Windows computers are. Sorry...

As for the fomula, it's not actually a formula...it's a lookup table and it looks up the info from the "List" part of the sheet. As for how that would carry over to a Mac spreadsheet, I have no experience with that.

I DO know that you can get a slammin' Windows PC at Best Buy for about $600. :biggrin:

LOL! Can you send me the string that's in column F. I can then adapt it. The only thing came over in that column during translation was "=()Error"

Thanks

How about this? Does this help?

The two lines you see below are the codes for the 10K and 14K values in column F. Other columns will be E10, E11, etc.

=VLOOKUP(E9,BootySpreadsheet.xls!karatslookup,2,FALSE)

=VLOOKUP(E10,BootySpreadsheet.xls!karatslookup,2,FALSE

Awesome! Thanks!

No problem. Looking forward to seeing you guys. Make sure to plan a day to grill and hang out by the pool. I think this trip will be better than last...I really do. We're about to get some sand movement here. See you soon.

Cool on the sand movement, cool on the grillin' & chillin'. Just check with your better half and pick any day, we'll make it work.

It's calculating a refiner's fee of 6% no matter what metal is entered.

For your maybe, but not for me. As long as the correct percents are added with the spot prices, it calculates at 6, 11, and 12% when the metal is changed...I just checked it.

You're right. My eyes were playing tricks on me. I had rewrite some of the cell strings but, I almost have the sheet reworked in a Mac version in case anyone would like need one. I added touches like putting the word "gold" and the gold karats chart in yellow, gray for silver and white for platinum. I just have to get it to calculate the silver and platinum refiner's charges correctly and it's finished (for now).

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send it to you. I'm not sure that I can attach a file here.