Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What happened to Tesoro?

Never been to your country but have visited Florida several times. The beach hunting is great if you can beat the other guys. Metal detectors are common there. The waters edge and high tide lines are the place to search. Also parking lots where people change clothes.

Never been to your country but have visited Florida several times. The beach hunting is great if you can beat the other guys. Metal detectors are common there. The waters edge and high tide lines are the place to search. Also parking lots where people change clothes.
Parking lots can be very good.
Especially at ski resorts.

I see Fisher and Teknetics are the same company. Are they still highly recommended?
I just got a Patriot. Haven't given it much of a run yet.
Had a Delta a few years ago, but got rid of it before I gave it much of a chance. (Traded it for an analog Garrett)
Not a bad machine at all, I was just having a hard time making the jump from analog, to digital machines.

I got a great deal direct from the factory. It arrived promptly, looks great and works as designed. That's all I can say about the machine.

Now... The company;
First off, I noticed that Kellyco was no longer offering Teknetics machines. What the ???? Kellyco is the grand pappy of detector stores. I have bought every machine I ever owned from Kellyco.

Next, the factory website. Just hinkey. Plus, instead of one website covering all 3 brands that First Texas produces, they have 3 separate domains, one each for Teknetics, Bounty Hunter, and Fisher.

The Teknetics site is broken badly. The Fisher site seems OK, as did the BH site, but, most items are listed as out of stock.
Really? The manufacture's sole retail outlet for 3 major brands has nothing in stock?
(hmmmmm. (rolls suspicious eyes)

But... Seems First Texas now manufactures night vision gun-sites, binoculars, and monoculars.
They are all in stock (For really decent prices, I might add.)

My impression is that the company is shifting gears, selling off their detectors, and looking to make it in the night vision market.
Impression was strengthened by my experience purchasing my Patriot. I dealt with one guy names Arturo Barrientos. He seemed to be the only guy at the company.
When there was an issue with my billing address, (sent to me via his I-phone) I sent him the corrected information, but had to wait for him to get back to the office from a business trip, before he cold fix the error, and ship my machine. Seemed like there was nobody back at First Texas who could do it. (Or maybe he is the only employee left there.)

In spite of all that, the machine arrived in a reasonable time frame, seems to operate correctly, and still comes with a 5 year warranty.
I just hope that they snag a big-fat government contract for some night vision, so there will at least be a company there if I ever need service. ;-)