Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Headphone's Do You Use?

Goldstrike

These are my current headphones. Thor X by Sentey. After trying a lot of headphones, these are the best in my opinion, at least for me! The ear muffs are super soft and they don't make your ears sweat like others do. The head band is stainless steel and adjustable and they are lightweight. The sound is as good if not better than any headphones I've previously owned and I've never tired of wearing them. You might want to check these out when your headphones that you have now quit working!!:thumbup:

I use the loss UR-30 with the Minelab logo on them I like them a Lot they fit around my ears not just on them like a Lot of other headphones and not too tight on my head. Love them

Bose stereophonic $130

I have 2 quality headphones but I don't like to be restricted on any part of my body, plus I don't care for the sweat they cause.

These Bose are expensive but well worth the money. The fit snugly and sounds are crystal clear. And they don't break like those cheap earbuds you buy at large retail stores.

May not be as good as the upper end headphones but good enough for me.

Thanks for the responses guy's!
There are a number of headphone's out there that are quality built with good audio etc; and what set works for one will not work or satisfy another. It's still both interesting AND educational for all of us to share our thoughts on the equipment we use. I hope others will take the time and post what headphone's they use and why!!
With F.B.S. detector's, where we rely so much on differentiating between all the tone's, it's really important to have as best quality audio as possible AND long life. There is nothing so frustrating when you get into the field and find only one ear piece is working or intermittent audio caused by cheap wire soldering coming loose etc; like many of the cheaper ones you find out there!

Still using using the discontinued wireless Auvio's 33-283's from the Shack with a set of basic,wired Jolly Rogers for back up (these JRs don't have separate volume controls,so I have to keep the threshold cranked up) ... http://www.findmall.com/read.php?3,1579496,1579704#msg-1579704

I found in my testing of the headphones I have, that the Gray Ghost phones sounded the best to my ears. I tried Sun Ray Pro Golds, Killer B Hornet (Wasps) and Koss QZ99 phones in comparison. To me the Ghosts were the loudest and sounded off with the sweetest tones. But the other phones are good as well - just my own preference.

I tried Garrets, Koss UR-30 and some other cheap junk and settled on the Killer B II. Sound quality of the garrets was poor, the Koss UR-30 had poor sound quality and a lousy fit. I could not keep them on my ears. So I gave them away. The other not named stuff had Lousy sound quality. The Killer B II's fit me good and the sound quality seemed to tell me more. They work well with my hearing aids. The headphones on my Excalibur II leave Much to be desired. Really cant thing of anything good to say about them.

Thanks for the comments! GeorgeinSC.....sometimes we have to go through several sets of headphones to discover the ones that have the better quality audio. It looks like you have found the best headphones for you!! It really is a pleasure to find a set that have quality sound!

Remember that we all have different hearing abilities, especially as we age. There is no one size fits all.
I've got pretty good hearing and have used the Koss 30's, GG's and a couple of audio pair (JVC and Sony) interchangeably. They all work fine for me. The only ones I haven't really liked are the Excal stock ones.

for wire less I use the Auvio 33-283 or the Deteknix wire free.. when I use wired I use Gray Ghost

Have used and still use Grey Ghost and have no complaints. Good headphones.

I use the Killer B's Optimal very nice, leather cover ear cushions. No sweat with leather unlike the vinyl cushions.

kschae4 said:
Pan....good to see others enjoying the Auvio 33-283
same here.. been using them for a few years..