Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What improvements????

Rob (IL)

[attachment 222975 Untitled-1.jpg]I'm starting a "what would you like to see added to the next Whites detector" or improved V3i detector post.

I'm eliminating a clock, GPS, cup holder, and radio. Lets go for serious ideas. [size=large]I want suggestions that would improve the performance of the detector.[/size] Many of you guys are getting cabin fever so use your imagination. Explain why you think your suggestion is needed. Remember we have some good people at Whites reading.

If I cant have my wish list from the other forum than I would settle with.

1. Wireless pinpointer with rechargeable batteries that displays on the pod.

2. Waterproof ergonomic case or waist mount option also being water proof. Ditch the big rectangular box, throw a heastink on the pcb if heat is a concern.

3. A butterfly style coil.... They have awesome mineral rejection and have found me some good stuff but werent v-rated. Whites can do better.

4. Lighter is better.

I think those are pretty self explanatory. The areas I hunt have so much trash that I have dig through targets to find my coins, even after digging the hole.

Here is a few ideas. 1. Waterproof' 2.Lit buttons' 3.Stand' 4.Wireless coils' 5. Carbo- fiber shafts' 6.Auto RX Gain that auto tunes to ground' 7.A button below the down arrow that when pressed and held with thumb increases threshold and AMM volume.8. Better descrim. against aluminum.9. Less weight overall.

Having the option of running single frequency and pinpointing in three frequency within the same program.
Better depth- Better pinpoint analysis.

A SEF coil or like it that is Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv rated. :thumbup:

Burlbark beat me to it........... a wireless DX-1. I know it can be done, we have the wireless headphones. A magnetic switch so when you take the probe out of the mount it automatically switches the V3i to pinpoint mode, eliminates the switchbox. You will not forget to replace the probe either because it remains in pinpoint mode until the probe is returned to the mount and the V then returns back to search mode.

I have reservations with the wireless coils (except the DX-1), I would rather see a V tuned SEF.

I hate when I leave a site having the feeling that I may not have something set right and may have missed something.

So I would like to see an "Auto mode"

I would like to get to a place I never hunted put the V3i into "auto-mode" and all the settings & ground balance will adjust by the software to get to an almost perfect setup possible. I would then be able to see what the system thinks is the best settings and do fine tuning.

This is a machine with awesome potential, I think my soil is the problem. So to have it configure itself as close as possible and the operator fine tune it would help tremendously.

I would still like to see the time displayed, at least an option instead of the battery voltage. Then I don't have to pull out the cell phone to check, So don't take that off the table. I know it would lose time if you take the battery out but a quick link to set it up would be fine when you turn it on.

The next white's flagship needs to be:
lighter-with battery and 11 inch coil should weigh no more than 4 lbs
have solid TID on deeper targets than v3i
be a better performer on deep silver dimes
auto ground balance like etrac
a full detailed advanced users manual
be more energy efficient
have a more energy efficienct boost mode
consider putting a usb port for user software upgrades via disc or internet if updates are necessary and become available-customers would probably pay for such upgrades
auto sensivity setting to at least get you in the ballpark for maximum sensivity setting based on the ground and interference
5 year warranty on the machine-3 year on coils
annual mailed feedback surveys to purchasers to attain (private) feedback for a period of 5 years
an 11 inch coil with an industry leading narrow electromagnetic footprint
faster processor
offer the machine with a two coil package standard 11 inch and a small coil
consider having an arm/wrist angle adjustment on the handle for customers best comfort
have one source for official information on the detector, not 3 or 4 people on different forums all saying something different

Light weight coil adjustable on the fly.
Configured concentric, DD, or Sef 1" to 12" all from live control on pod.
Wireless pinpointer with audible alert if too far from detector.
Pulse Induction with precise discrimination.
uhh... That will do for now.

3 freq for low conductors. 3 general, 3 for high conductors.allow user to use 1 freq,5 or any other choice. A screen that turns for better viewing. Water proof. The use of 18650 batteries for longer detecting. Allowing user to choose more freqs helps talor to his or her ground and targets. In todays economy owning one detector would be easier for most.the bigest improvement for any detector would be less government!!! Lol.great ideas,keepem coming.

USB interface so you can download, setup, share programs and update software. That's #1 for me. Actually, I'm surprised White's hasn't already done this.

KyJoe said:
USB interface so you can download, setup, share programs and update software. That's #1 for me. Actually, I'm surprised White's hasn't already done this.

What KyJoe said.

A USB port to download/upload programs. It would be nice to be able to put everything in a spread sheet instead of having to scroll the menu system on the detector. The wireless pinpointer would be a great option also.

New XL Pro that has tone id, notch discrimination from -99 to +99 and runs off of four AA batteries. And add a couple more DD coils to the lineup.

KurtB

Some of the suggestions have been addressed before. The purpose of the post is not to explain why some won't be done so keep on posting.

1) Better shielding on the coils like the old days or whatever it takes to eliminate EMI or whatever plagues most modern digital machines.

This detector has the best depth potential of any modern VLF detector but in a lot of places you can't use this potential.

2) better salt water beach performance like the BBS and FBS circuitry. I know White's can make these things run smoother and deeper on Salt beaches

3) Have a mode with a super fast processor for iron infested sites. White's has the know how and other companies already have this feature.

4)Offer a waterproof version of this improved technology in a Beach Hunter ID case. A waterproof ID pod on top of the handle if possible but if not the ditch the pod and just have the re-tune/pinpoint on the handle.

5) Lighter weight would be great but I would rather have the solid build quality White's is famous for than sacrifice that for a cheaply built plastic machine that would not hold up.

6) better battery life for us that like the boost mode.

Well, I know they are made and i own a set.

Together with the sunray golds these are the most comfortable sets for me when it comes to fullsize closed sets.

But I want the option to use my neckband phones in the summer ( Ross NXG 05 ) not Koss btw. Or any other brand of phones or earplugs both 3,5 and 6 mm connectors.

I am still convinced even after getting bashed a few years ago that a reciever box using AA batteries will be a good seller for Whites. A small reciever box with both size female connectors that you carry in your chest pocket or any other pocket you might have. OK, you will have wires from your head to your pocket but you will not be connected to the detector by wires.

Then you can use any phone you like.

This reviever can also be set up to recieve signals from a wireless transmitting probe and be programmed to change to the probe signal every time the probe is turned ON and back when it is OFF.

Anyway, thats my contribution.

Regards, Bjorn

The V3 is the most versatile and programmable detector ever and will be for some years. However, many give up due to the programming and non understanding of the adjustments involved.

I have the idea of making a " Apple " like software with categories in the menues that the user can set up by themselves. Audio, Disc, Sens, Freq and so on.

After having a few of each categorie saved then they can be put together to a full program by selecting what categories to assemble it from.

Audio-fielduse, Audio-nuggets, Audio-park.. and so on

Sens-fav park, Sens fav field, Sens heavy EMI.. and so on.

I hope you get my point..

regards.

Bjorn