Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What improvements????

I wish I had the ability to download programs off of internet or at least be able to manage mine with USB type connection and program. I would pay extra for that ability. I thought I had read somewhere why that wasn't offered. Nitpicking, I have wished the screen was adjustable left or right. Rob, is there one post in particular that addresses why somethings weren't done? I'll add that I like the durable metal electronics box that I associate with Whites. Thanks.

I have had a few ideas that I have already told Whites about but I will add a few here.
I would like to be able to discriminate out the vid #s by frequency domination.
Example, say you get a quarter hit, pinpoint and it comes up green (2.5) dominate,..it's going to be a quarter.
You get the same hit but it is blue (22.5) dominate, it's going to be a bottle cap.
I would like to be able to go to the vid #s and accept 82-83-84 in green (2.5) only and reject or silence those #s in 7.5 or 22.5.

It would be nice to have a touch screen like the iPad.

I think it would also be nice to have discrimination for depth also. I know they have modulation setting but it's just not the same. I don't want the deep targets to be quieter. I would rather have the ability to say...have no sound for anything 3.5 inches and above.

I also think it would be nice if it had the ability to tell you if it is picking up on two or more objects that are within an inch of each other.

Now for the bizarre! How about a set of sunglasses that shows the screen in the glasses and do away with the pod head completely!
Also it would have built in headphone like the mp3 sunglasses they have out now.

And..for the guy that's looking for ways to make money, make an easy to put on and take off cover that can be customized for the customer such as a name or favorite sports team and so on.

Keep in mind that all these ideas cost money and take up memory in the machine so some things like a clock..just isn't a good feature to add. That's why they make watches and cell phones. Everyone wants something different but I think it's important to stick with things that will make the detector a better tool for detecting as far as being able to better tell what the object is, improve depth, or make it more comfortable for the operator.

I do love the idea of a wireless dx1 type of pinpointer!

Just my two cents...

Completely weather proof where you can douse the whole machine with a garden hose or a wave at the beach.

I miss hip mounting the main box, and adding an extention cable to the coil cord. Sure takes a lot of weight off the arm for long hunts, allowed for larger coil usage and let me extend the rod to the max for wide sweeps.

I don't see any reason why the DFX Hipmount kit would not work on the V3i Steve. I could be wrong.... anybody know anything about this?

No reason at all. The boxes are the same size.

Maybe have it where you can charge it through the headphone jack or something like that.

I keep my control box covered but like the recharge battery.

I run boost so every hunt I have to take the coil wire off and remover the box cover to get the battery out.

How nice it would be to just leave it on and plug it in with the charger that would shut off when fully charged.

Make a combo charger like the old Sunray that had the car charge plug as part of the whole charge system so you can pull that part off if you are in the car to charge the detector going down the road or refresh it at will.

Snap on search coils.What if you ran the search coil conductors thru the shaft and and had male and female plugs at the end of the shaft with a slotted keyway to keep coil from spinning and spring clips to secure coil to shaft.The way we wrap the wire around the shaft all the way to the control box sure looks old-fashioned. You could even put the Patent in my name.

Back when the Vision (updated to Spectra V3) was introduced by White's, a USB interface was talked about by the company but was scrapped. Don't know the reason though I suspect if a customer assumed that he/she can get downloadable programs from White's, White's will have to charge you for them. Writing programs & updating software is not free or cheap. Now to customize your own program from your home PC with say MS Excel and then download to the detector or even share with fellow detectorists, I'd say YES! But software updates and sending in your detector as some of you know is solely reserved for designer/manuf.

Manual ground balancing for me is no problem. It takes me no more than 10 to 15 seconds to accomplish this. Course I'm old school and been doing it for years. Now the newbie probably would like automatic GB.

My Improvements are as follows:

1) Build a V3i to be waterproof and salt waterproof. Better seals and an external cover and waterproof headphone connectors such as the 'Beach Hunter'. Even call the new model "V3i/BH" or "V3i/LS" and give it a new color such as High Impact Green or Yellow.

2) Built in on the fly notching (accept/reject) instead of you drilling down into some of the programs to get this done.

3) Hip/Shoulder mount bag with a longer coil cord and shaft & handgrip. This will eliminate at least almost half of the weight off your arm.

4) I do like my wireless headphones but, if White's could introduce a smaller, lightweight headphones or earbuds for when it gets hot in the summer. Then I can wear my wide brim hat and use the latter.

5) And for my ultimate wish is for White's to make wireless mounted coils! No more coil wires or connectors. Have either the coil and/or shaft sync. to the control box at just under 10 seconds and your off and running.

My Vision was number 82 off the assembly line and I love it as it sits. I went from analog detectors to the Vision back in July '09 and believe you me, it was an uphill battle to understand. I've learned alot and tried to focus on all the programing aspects of the detector. I am not 100% comfortable yet. I am not as fortunate as others here who have been weened on XLT's, DFX's and such. I guess things come easier than others.

Good Luck and by always, Have Fun Out There!!!

TC-NM

TC-NM, I thought that the USB interface interfered with Minelab patents. I could be wrong but I read somewhere that this is the reason why the USB interface was scrapped. I can't speak for improvements at this point as I will be getting my V3i this coming wednesday. HH -Marc

Upgrade-able processor(send in) and memory(send in) and the option to remove/keep/and re-install the on-board manual which probably takes up a considerable amount of the memory.
I believe the USB is an alright idea, and they already had the wireless transfer of programs from one V3 to Another but hardly anyone used that feature(course the v3 was new so hardly any V3's were out there yet to test long term of this feature) and I thought that I read that that feature was pulled from the V3i and the on-board manual was installed(I remember saying to White's to add an on-board manual before they did, which it was explained would take memory away from the V3i, but was a good idea).
Your own programmable VDI Numbers, lighted keypads would be cool, auto adjust back-light that adjust with lighting conditions, waterproof, GPS??, Lipo or Lithion Ion battery system, the ability too add or make your own Lipo batteries for it(I know with rc cars you can get a 11.1V, 5,000-8,000 Mah batteries for them and these would be great in a V3iD,V3iUG,V3i2,V3i-SE,V3i-XSP(Xtra Special Purpose) The use of all frequencies and the option to make a program that uses the best of or your choice of frequencies, the ability to detect a dime sized object at a depth of 14 inches in any soil condition, auto ground balance and frequency shift and frequency choice dependent on EMI and other detectors in the vicinity.
Carbon Fiber upper,middle and lower shafts, better plastics for the cam-locks, removable box from the upper rod or the ability to move it forward or back dependent on balance when using different coils or personal preference. The Ability to move the Screen Pod up,down,left,right to face the user whether the user is left or right handed. Some of these features would make it so that it is not as rugged,like the screen pod it or would be a weak point of breakage. This could be solved by having it lock into place, a stronger plastic and or that could be an option/feature you can buy and add on by removing the pod and adding an adapter into the top of the handle and snapping the pod on/off or it is held on by a screw/bolt and nut. maybe a Pistol grip handle/ or pistol grip add on feature(new Rubber to slide over the metal handle by removing the pod, removing the foam handle and adding/ sliding on a pistol grip that forms more naturally to the shape of a hand.

This is all I can come up with right now. I need to go and begin looking for work again, it is hard to find work in my area and having applied to over 100 jobs of careerbuilder.com and with just a few calls seems worthless. Now if I could just work for White's to come up with new idea's I would be all set :)

If 4 AA's could be used that would get 5oz less. If the wireless pin-pointer could be carried in your pouch that would get us DX1 users a big jump on weight trimming. The battery packs are built like a tank. The case of the pack could be slimmed down.

My new V3i does not use the same velcro as my old one did, A few times I almost dropped my detector.