Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is Muti-IQ

It may not in the dirt......ill settle for a lessor machine, but it may well be competitive in salt water with the CTX. I use both the Xcals and CTX....... and the Xcal holds it own as a lessor machine so they say. There is a lot of advantages i see in this machine starting with simplicity.

Maybe I should of said reduces the effect of ferrous and not ignore :blink:. Steve you kind of got what I was implying you can run the CTX in ferrous or conductive same for the explorers but now the CTX can run in combine (new) better ferrous #s and better conduct #s at the same time . All I am saying is maybe they have refined this even more to the point that the ferrous # is not needed . Looking at the etrac the ferrous #s are not as refined as the CTX the Ctx wants to get everything up to the 12 line if they refined this even more everything would go to the 12 line except iron . So why would you need the ferrous #s part of it . Remember this is a new technology they already had combine and now maybe it's been refined even further with the ability to get rid of the ferrous part of the signal and give a better conduct #.

If you read this I said maybe I don't know just guessing and hoping for the best from minelab . sube

That's an interesting analysis Sube. There may be ways of zeroing in even more on target ID which should be beneficial. Personally,I always look at HOW the target responds,and does it respond the SAME WAY most of the time. I think most of us do this...how repetitive the target is. If the Equinox has a way of cleaning up the RESPONSE ITSELF more than what we have now,it'll certainly be a winner for many.
Today after work I stopped for a short hunt at an old village commons that has given me some good coins. I was using the CTX and stock coil. A solid 2 way 12-42 at 7" produced a first year wheat and a mid sized unbent square nail at about the same level. This happens all the time,it's just old hat now. I'm assuming there are situations in which the response wouldn't be so obvious with co-located objects,and the CTX may not give such a good signal. If the Equinox can be even more exact and reliable in finding such targets,I would guess that many people are going to be re-working some worked out places.
Minelab has made some of the best machines ever for coin hunting,really. It's not even opinion driven,it's a RESULTS driven statement. If this new one is indeed of the same lineage as far as "spectacular detectors" go,they'll have a hard time building them fast enough. But it HAS to deliver the goods.

Dew: Funny for me, my thoughts are just the reverse. I feel like the Equinox will be a better dirt machine ( coins ) than a salt water beach machine. It appeared to be released in the UK for a reason maybe. I think it is to compete with the "other" light weight wireless dirt machine. Guess we will just have to wait and see. On a side note, I too feel like my Excal. BBS is the better machine for chest deep water hunting and the CTX shines on damp sand and in the wash. Funny how we all have our own thoughts. One thing for shire is, we all agree on one thing. Minelab is the best detectors in the world.

dew and Carolina,

Here is something that might apply to what you two are discussing, from Minelab's latest release of info on the Equinox...

"When Minelab use the term “multi-frequency” we mean “simultaneous” – i.e. more than one frequency is transmitted, received AND processed concurrently. This enables maximum target sensitivity across all target types and sizes, while minimising ground noise (especially in saltwater)."

I think this makes it clear that Minelab is using the simultaneous multi-frequency approach to NOT ONLY achieve superior ID accuracy with depth (quote from the same article says "Multi-IQ achieves a high level of target ID accuracy at depth much better than any single frequency detector can achieve"), BUT ALSO, at the same time, using the simultaneous multi-frequency approach to handle/mitigate ground mineralization issues.

Steve