Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is the best rain cover for DFX box?

stasys

Hello looking for not very expensive cover for DFX box, how many different models exist? what is the best? from what other whites models cover can be used? thanks Stasys

I have never had a cover on any of my detectors (to include a DFX). I like to use the metal stand that screws to the box, and there is no cover I am aware of that will allow that. Also, covers can make battery pack changes difficult. With my DFX, I simply cover the speaker holes and seams with black electrical tape, including the seam between the two halves of the display pod. I have hunted in some pretty heavy rain and snow.
Hope this helps.

Although no harm is done sealing everything up, it really is not necessary. The speaker has a plastic cone I have been told and the display pod already has a rubber gasket between the two parts. I have hunted in a shower many times with the DFX and the V3i with no problems at all. Not even a fog in the display like my Minelab does. I too have never used a cover, so I don't know what is the best. The cheapest is a plastic bag........:biggrin:

Larry (IL) said:
Although no harm is done sealing everything up, it really is not necessary. The speaker has a plastic cone I have been told and the display pod already has a rubber gasket between the two parts. I have hunted in a shower many times with the DFX and the V3i with no problems at all. Not even a fog in the display like my Minelab does. I too have never used a cover, so I don't know what is the best. The cheapest is a plastic bag........:biggrin:

Thanks, but I am looking not screen cover, but for metal box under arm, looks like whites batteries doors windy? Bag is solution, but I lost one black cover when was trying not my DFX, now want to compensate.

thesaurus detectors makes a great cover the are in the UK I'm having 2 sets shipped and it was 75 buck but they are built really good they a lined with a smooth material so it wont rub the box paint off the battery door has its own flap they are the best Ive found

Here is the cover I use on my DFX and V3I and XLT I got from Jimmy Sierra

I have used many covers on the XLT, DFX and now the V3i. The detectors have the ability to withstand some moisture and drizzle due to their construction, however I often detect in muddy nasty conditions. Having a cover helps to keep the appearance fresh and any clean up to the box & pod minimal. The covers used prior to the one for my V were easy to swap battery packs because they had velho tabs underneath and did not fully enclose the box. The one pictured on my V is very different and velco is all along the top. I have no problem accessing the battery. This one is by far the most rugged construction. The one shown can be found on that auction site we all know. The older ones mentioned came from Winter Springs, FL. Note the one I show also has a wrap for the foam grip, great in the mud!
78e607ce.jpg
[/img]
68291d86.jpg
[/img]
918af95c.jpg
[/img]
The
77f45ab0.jpg
[/img] last pic is very comfy neoprene arm cup liner...also avail on THAT auction site.