Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is this?

cool find...and nice ID! No doubt there.
What I'd like to know is, how do you get it into the bottle!? :confused:

I believe the washer above the rubber seal is smaller than the bottom washer allowing them to be forced into the bottle but making them hard to get out.
In other words they fit through the neck but are very tight and go in easier than out.
A tool was invented to get them out.

http://www.hutchbook.com/Bottling%20Hutch%20Stopper%20Extractors/Default.htm

I'd like to know, how on earth did you know to look there? Have seen them before?
Great job IDing.

Taz must remember using them when he was a kid.........:rofl:

Good research Taz :thumbup:

taz42o said:
Hutchinsons bottle closure.

http://www.hutchbook.com/Industry%20History%20Soda%20Pop/Default.htm

Wow a pop bottle top. I would have never guessed. Thanks for that great ID. I have found these before and never knew what they were. Kind of an ancient pulltab. A cool relic I think.

Aarong81 said:
cool find...and nice ID! No doubt there.
What I'd like to know is, how do you get it into the bottle!? :confused:

They made a tool to put them in but sounds like before that they put them in by hand..