Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of gloves do you all use?

nw1886

I no that this can seem like an unimportant thing for some (but not me at least). I had a pair of Atlas 370's and they were thin, tough and inexpensive. Lost one and do you think I can find them easily again...nope! Found a pair of fishing gloves (that will fill in) but don't think they'll hold up for too long. What do you guys like?

I actually wear 2 layers of protection. First, I wear a pair of latex surgical gloves, except in summer months. I find these to be especially handy (no pun intended) when I am detecting during a lunch break, or when I don't want the wife to know that i was goofing off. These gloves keep my hands clean, especially under my nails, which can be a dead giveaway.

For the second layer, I found that a decent pair of fitted (not the baggy type )gardening gloves does the job. I am still able to work the controls of my detector with these.

The local dollar store has them, and I just need to replace them two or three times a year.

I like the thin,tight fitting deer skin gloves,they let me keep my sense of touch and are pretty rugged wear wise.

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(vhfj122yqo2s3tufag0z1trn)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=7013527

J

I like batting gloves, they are pretty durable and thin so i can (feel thru them). I wait for them to go on sale at Big 5. Harbor Freight also has a good selection of gloves, all different kinds. Detecting without Gloves and knee pads... Never!

I don't use them either. Rob

I get Mechanix gloves free from work on occasion, but I find I usually don't use any gloves.

I'm in your corner too Ron............unless it is really cold out and then good ole cheap brown jersey gloves keep the digits warm.

No gloves over hear , Mickfin

I generally don't use gloves or knee pads, but with it being so cold and wet around here lately, I'm more inclined to use both.

I always wear knee pads but seldom wear gloves. When I do wear gloves I use cut resistant kevlar gloves.

http://www.northernsafety.com/Products/125-2201%20S%2001/Lightweight-Kevlar-Cut-Resistant-Gloves.html?PFM=S

I wear a glove on my left hand for digging and keep my right hand relatively clean and swing with it.

Julien

Not one for gloves really, but I do like knee pads. You never know when you may want to stop somewhere on the way home from a hunt..... gas station, restaurant, store. All have restrooms where you can wash your hands, but the knee pads help you keep your pants clean. I try to look halfway presentable........I said try.

Lots of different kinds of gloves used! (I never wore gloves for years but just needed to be cut a couple times and finding a syringe or two swayed me into using them.) I haven't been to Harbor Freight in years and that place is a dang "Disneyland" for tons of stuff. (Think I'll try and get there this weekend.)

My son gave me a pair of archery gloves that actually work really well once you get 'em dirty. At first they were kinda difficult to keep your grip with but as soon as you dug your first hole, that issue went away. Construction is thin, tough and stretchy but just go too far up the forarm and have a ladies gardening look to them. (They do look great with my wifes heals though! :laugh:)

$9.00 pair of firm grip slip ons from Home Depot. Works great.

SandPhantom said:
$9.00 pair of firm grip slip ons from Home Depot. Works great.

Checked those out but all of the FG's either had finger tip pads (can't feel a coin edge) or fit sloppy at the finger tips. They did have some awesome FG goat skins ones. (But took 'em back, in a more lucid moment,'cuz of being $20.00.)

I have the padded palm gloves. You will pay between $10 - $24 depending on what style you end up with. It is well worth the money for me.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&N=4294961544&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=mechanix+wear