Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what kind of plate?

osgood

My wife was unpacking some things her mother left her, and found this. We are stumped. Anybody know? thanks CO

It looks like a VERY nice deviled egg plate to me :shrug:

How wide and also the depth? Thanks!

Nancy, it is 7 inches wide and about 1 and a half inches deep at the center. The "projections" are gradated toward the center, like a kabob, or fondue stick, or a cigar could lay in each projection? says hand painted, Nippon and has a makers mark looks rather like a couple of grape leaves. thanks, CO

i see now technically referred to as Two Maple Leaves, the mark that is. found another plate with same shape, with different decoration, color scheme etc however that link had no reference as to why it is shaped like that. CO

Thank you CO. It's sure got me stumped also. Possibly a candy dish. I'm thinking with the decorative edges, it wasn't something that was passed around. It will be interesting to find out what it really is. Nancy