Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Modes Are You Using For Getting The Gold On The Beach ???

DaytonaGold

I really want to concentrate on more of a "gold" setting for my beach. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks :)

G,E Edwards, This guy knows, Earth too Gene, Earth too Gene, Come in Gene ??????????? LOL Mickfin

I use the stock beach program usually with the seawater setting enabled, whether in dry sand or water, and ground coin. From Sunday the 8th of Sept. through the 15th of Sept. I found 10 rings at the beach using the aforementioned settings and the 17" coil. 1 plat; 2 gold; 3 silver; 1 tungsten; and 3 junk. Not all gold, but I'm pretty sure if the non-gold rings were gold...they would have registered with this set up. If there is a better one, I'll be all over it. Remember, the coil has to get over it first.

Hi DaytonaGold,

The stock beach program is a good start, I add ferrous coin, seawater, I use seawater in and out of the water, like wet sand, I found if I turn it off in the wet sand I have to turn my sens way down. I can run around 22 sens. here in southern California. Most of the people I see detecting go so fast they miss the gold. I go really slow and listen for those slight whispers. Some people find this boring, but it's not boring when they put that cash in your hand. I'd rather find one gold ring a day and make a couple hundred then 3 to 5 five dollars in change or less. So I feel my success in finding gold is to slow way down and listen. Like a guys said on a youtube video if your detecting and watching the G-strings laying on the beach instead of paying attention to your detector you will miss a lot of good deep targets. Here in California where I detect the beach we have has 20'' cliffs down to the beach by wood stairways, the people come down and go right and left in either direction and set up there spot for the day, that's where I search all day about a two hundred foot section of wet sand. This is where they swim, and dig in the sand. always check where the parents are digging with the kids, the open holes they leave, the piles of sand, the ring comes off and they don't notice it. I have helped many a dad recover his ring. The ones I find to keep are the ones several days later and you have no idea who it belongs to if no names are inside. And most of them are from another state and very hard to locate. So slow down and your good finds will increase., Good luck, Gene

I run it wide open no disc. seawater on, man. sens. , you can always check it in the stock beach program. Keep the coil close to the sand and take your time

Like posted above I will add when using a wide open screen. If your beach locations has lots of iron, you should change your tones in a combined mode. I made my iron the lowest tone. This way It won't stop me, I made 40 and above the highest tone this causes me to stop. anything inbetwen can be gold. Now I am an really slow hunter, I have been experimenting with some faster walk speeds and sweep speeds to see if a target would have been missed. What I have been doing is locate the target under my normal speed and the recheck it at a faster rate. I haven't found that I would have missed any targets thus far but it does take time to reacquire the target that just barley sounded at the faster speed. Whereas when going slow you know where it was as you passed it the first sweep.
BCNJ

@smittyman1956 . If you are heading to myrtle beach just leave your machine at home it does not work here and there is nothing to be found :bouncy: .
Good luck!
Dan

After awhile you will learn what settings work for you where you hunt. Like Gene and BCNJ I go slow and slower. Gene has me worried now that I may have missed the Mother Lode by looking at the scenery. I feel I can multi task sometimes (Looking and Listening) :rofl: Good Luck and HH :minelab::yo:

Do any of your beach hunters use the feature where it amplifies the target's audio response? I use this feature and don't have to listen for whispers because the whispers no longer exist.

From the manual

Volume Gain
Range: 1

This maybe true, but when that Viet Cong RPG rocket hit the tank right next to my armored track and we got the back blast, that weak target signal still sounds like a whisper to me. Now maybe if it had a setting of 60 or 80 maybe this loud tinnitus would let me hear those sounds a lot better.:stars:

I have only used the CTX in fresh water since I got it and have found 3 gold rings over the last few weeks with a wide open screen and combined program I made with the audio splits pretty wide apart gold | pennies | silver. I have set gold tone in the combined audio to resemble the sound my excal produces for gold because I am more attuned to that. I got an audio engineer to measure the Xcal gold tone and tell me what frequency it was set gold audio break at on the CTX combined mode to that frequency. I could have 4 ones set in combined, but don't because I like it to sound less busy.
I use recovery fast because there are a lot of targets in the area I am hunting (mostly iron). Ferrous-coin separation. Sensitivity has been in Auto mostly to Auto +2.

I try to dig any signal that is solid and repeatable in 2 directions. I have dug a lot of 'pip' tones that weren't repeatable in 2 directions and they turned out to be bent nails. I have dug a lot of bent nails because I get bored with all the iron and wind up digging them just to see what they are.

Funny thing is, the most recent gold ring I dug had penny numbers 12-39 and sounded like one too - it was a 10k white gold and yellow gold ring so I guess the alloy or the metal sandwich confused the numbers.

gold_ring_12b_2013.jpg