Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What should I do ?

Thinkin of selling my E-trac and getting the Equinox 800. Does anyone know the advantage of doing this or the disadvantage ? Will I gain anything or lose anything ?I have the 15" WOT coil for it and gray ghost headphones bunch of add on's etc. The E-trac is an awesome machine but I am so confused on what to do. Just want as much feedback from everyone and anyone that can help me out. My luck would be something better than the 800 will come out and I will be re-thinking my purchase. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

The big question is what you are looking for and where. I have both machines and I take the etrac out every time if i'm coinshooting or in an old park/school etc. But if I'm relic or jewelery hunting or in a high trash spot i'll take the nox.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I live in Southern California and I hunt lots of parks and schools and Beaches. Not much gold hunting unless I North to the gold country Etc. Just not much history here in SO. Cal. Most relics I find are from the 60s 70s so they aren't that old. They don't call it ORANGE COUNTY for nothing. It was nothing but orange groves around here and If you go to Historic aerials you can see and the groves everywhere. Good places are far an in between. Once in a while there is a good sidewalk tear out if you can get there before the keep out signs and fences go up LOL. Before anything is torn down, they put up chain link fences to keep everyone out. So I'm just trying to figure it out. Thanks again

My thoughts,,,

If there is any way,,,, keep the etrac and buy or borrow a Nox. If you decide you don't like it you can quickly resell the Nox and fall back to the etrac. Or the other way around if you really like the Nox.

As for a new machine coming out soon,,,,,, who knows. There is talk about a couple of new machines in the next year or so. They may be delayed. They may be great from the time of release. They may be released too soon and have multiple issues for the first year. Or they could be complete flops.

One thing is for sure,,,, you already have a premier coin machine. Don't rush into something that you may regret later.

Can I ask what you are digging out of the ground when using your etrac ?
Mostly coins and relics that are not that old. The best part about the e-trac I think is I really don't dig that much trash. I love the numbers on the screen that tell me what's in the ground and have learned those numbers and sounds.

My thoughts,,,

If there is any way,,,, keep the etrac and buy or borrow a Nox. If you decide you don't like it you can quickly resell the Nox and fall back to the etrac. Or the other way around if you really like the Nox.

As for a new machine coming out soon,,,,,, who knows. There is talk about a couple of new machines in the next year or so. They may be delayed. They may be great from the time of release. They may be released too soon and have multiple issues for the first year. Or they could be complete flops.

One thing is for sure,,,, you already have a premier coin machine. Don't rush into something that you may regret later.
Totally spot on if it can be done...excellent thoughts.

Mostly coins and relics that are not that old. The best part about the e-trac I think is I really don't dig that much trash. I love the numbers on the screen that tell me what's in the ground and have learned those numbers and sounds.
What more could you want ? If you get over an older coin or relic the etrac will hit it. You stated mostly coins and relics....any detector, any brand, will do the same as your etrac does.
Location is number 1...research number 2.....your skills to find the goods grow with every time you use your detector....I see no reason to switch to any other detector.
As stated above , your location is your biggest enemy. Not your detector.

What more could you want ? If you get over an older coin or relic the etrac will hit it. You stated mostly coins and relics....any detector, any brand, will do the same as your etrac does.
Location is number 1...research number 2.....your skills to find the goods grow with every time you use your detector....I see no reason to switch to any other detector.
As stated above , your location is your biggest enemy. Not your detector.
If you still want to sell it...HOW MUCH !

I've been driving the E-trac since 2010... still learning stuff about it... I tried the NOX 800 and when the E-trac tone gets all high and tells you it's silver... the NOX will not. to me running the NOX in park 1 or 2 was like a overload of info and tones.. and when you do lock on a target... don't even bother with the numbers... the stability is jumpy.. I missed ...walked right over very good targets that my hunting partner easily found with his CTX.. had I been using the E-trac the simplicity of target or no target would have been in my favor. it is a super light detector but cheaply built... this is just my opinion and in no way am I saying don't try the NOX.. some are having great success with it... I'm old technology as is my E-trac... and I couldn't be happier.
ETA: I dug more trash in the first few weeks with the NOX than I ever did with the E-trac... my joke with my hunting partner was I bought a $900 trash finder"

I've been driving the E-trac since 2010... still learning stuff about it... I tried the NOX 800 and when the E-trac tone gets all high and tells you it's silver... the NOX will not. to me running the NOX in park 1 or 2 was like a overload of info and tones.. and when you do lock on a target... don't even bother with the numbers... the stability is jumpy.. I missed ...walked right over very good targets that my hunting partner easily found with his CTX.. had I been using the E-trac the simplicity of target or no target would have been in my favor. it is a super light detector but cheaply built... this is just my opinion and in no way am I saying don't try the NOX.. some are having great success with it... I'm old technology as is my E-trac... and I couldn't be happier.
ETA: I dug more trash in the first few weeks with the NOX than I ever did with the E-trac... my joke with my hunting partner was I bought a $900 trash finder"
Excellent info thanks

The one thing that floored me when I first started using FBS wasn’t necessarily that the machine could find silver and deep coins that my previous machine had apparently missed...it was how EASILY they did it. That’s where FBS users can get really spoiled...and some, like me, tried the Equinox and didn’t get along with it. I have another 800 coming, should be here in a couple days. Realizing and ACCEPTING that they are different can be hard to do. Personally, I wouldn’t shovel off the Etrac in favor of an Equinox. I would own BOTH, but wouldn’t ever be without FBS.

The one thing that floored me when I first started using FBS wasn’t necessarily that the machine could find silver and deep coins that my previous machine had apparently missed...it was how EASILY they did it. That’s where FBS users can get really spoiled...and some, like me, tried the Equinox and didn’t get along with it. I have another 800 coming, should be here in a couple days. Realizing and ACCEPTING that they are different can be hard to do. Personally, I wouldn’t shovel off the Etrac in favor of an Equinox. I would own BOTH, but wouldn’t ever be without FBS.
Thanks for your input. Very valuable info

Thank you for your input.

Well said IDX!

If there's anyway to have both, do it. There's not a lot of machines that can match the Etrac in parks, yards, and schools. Need proof? Look at Floodplaindetector's posts! Me, I like the tough ground ghost towns with a small coil. I've re-hunted several with the Nox 800 and my finds have been far better with it. If I lived in California, I'd be making road trips to some of the old gold towns and I'd pack both machines. Good luck!

I have a ctx and etrac-- I like having both. I like detecting a place twice if possible, one with one machine and then with the other. Probably not necessary switching, but I do like both machines. Keeping the etrac and the small/large coil saves me from having to spend hundreds on them for the ctx.