Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what small coil to use for trash

My favorite is the 6-inch EQ2 by DeTech. JMHO HH Randy

between them no much different, buy cheapest and try. minelab 8 you can get for 60 and its works like others. I never use small coils dont see any point in it. good luck

The only smaller coil I've ever used is the 6" Excellerator - EQ 2 coil I bought from a forum member a few weeks ago.
I've read countless posts on how much better the smaller coils are than stock coils in trashy areas - but I didn't know how much better they were - till I got one !

I wanted to get a "closed" coil rather than an open type - like the 6" X 8" SEF - the little EQ 2 will not hang up on brush hogged weeds, tree branches and the other types of junk that you find around old houses and abandoned buildings junk - it's also easier to use in tight spots like old cellar holes.

I've found something good at just about every site I've returned to with this little 6" coil - I just crawl along real slow - listen for a high tone hit ( using 2TF) - do the wiggle - and try to isolate a good target from the trash.
This little coil really sniffs out the old silver coins in a field of iron - pin points like a laser too !

Good luck ! --- Mark

If the trash isn't too bad I'd stick with the pro coil (trust me this coil will work wonders in heavy trash but it takes awhile to learn the tones that you need to dig). If you want to give a smaller coil a try I'd start with the 8" coil.

Im going to order the SEF 6x8 coil myself. After talking to a few pros, they seem to think it would be the best second coil to get.

In super trashy areas where you are trying to pick things out from multiple signals:
If the desired targets are deep, then I use the 8x6. Just watch closely for that depth meter to drop.
If the desired targets are shallower, then I go with the 6 inch.

They are both great coils and add a dimension to your detecting capability. I've been surprised by what that 8x6 has pulled out of heavily detected areas.

Maybe this will help, I read all his test and reviews on each coil. Bryce put in a lot of time testing.
HH Rick

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627

Flambeaux said:
Im going to order the SEF 6x8 coil myself. After talking to a few pros, they seem to think it would be the best second coil to get.

What's the best coil to get then?

I like my S.E.F. 8 x 6 and I think a 5-6" DD would do nice too.

Prep1957 said:
6x8 with no holes in coil.Good luck finding one.Plexiglass glued to spare coil cover works great.

Good idea! :thumbup: I've only used my 6X8 on bare soil and cut grass, but the SEF coils do tend to get hung up pretty bad.

pointer80 said:
stasys, where can you get a minelab 8" coil for 60.00 dollars?
pointer spend some time in bayuk ebaycomand other places and you will get it.6exceler. usualy 30-40pounds, 8minelab form 32-45pouds, this small coils cheapest.