Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What the heck does this mean...

grouser

Page 21 of the manual,,, on the side,,,
'In Auto Sensitivity the detector is able to operate at a higher sensitivity level than you are able to achieve for the same noise level",,,,
are they comparing ato to manual at the same noise level,,,,, confused

grouser said:
Page 21 of the manual,,, on the side,,,
'In Auto Sensitivity the detector is able to operate at a higher sensitivity level than you are able to achieve for the same noise level",,,,
are they comparing ato to manual at the same noise level,,,,, confused

In Auto the detector is listening to all the frequencies and giving the quiet ones....In Manual you are listening to the noisier frequencies (this is the way I understand it.....others may be able to explain it better)

No one explains it better than Digger........ this was from a couple of days ago and look for his post about halfway down: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1735019

kinda reminds me of how Chinese manuals are written into English and they just don't cross over very well sometimes,,,,,day tawk funny down under,,, thanks for the help

I believe when they use the term "same noise level", they are referring to the degree of magnetic ground interference. And I think what they are telling us is that the software is smarter than we are! At least more "finely tuned". The CTX 3030 chooses the Sensitivity setting based on data coming from the coil, opposed to us simply using our ears to "decipher" the audio response. JMHO HH Randy

I have noticed that I am running in auto much more on the CTX than I did on the E-Trac. The depth seems to be on par with what I can get in manual. The CTX seems to be hotter in both as well and I notice it falses more in manual (when run hot) than the E-Trac did. They are different machines and it took me a bit to see that, so one needs to be a bit careful. That said, I still can run the CTX very hot and disregard the falses quite easily. You just have to deal with a bouncier VID. In my iron mineralized ground it might not be worth it as the depth seems similar.

All that said, I do try to run at least in the low twenties most of the time. I have to check to see if the CTX has that "boost mode" like the E-Trac does when sensitivity is around 24 or 25. Anyone notice this on the CTX too?

Nice info guys,
Albert

As an additional note Auto should NOT be use on the beach! Pg.21 side bar. I have watched the sensitivity meter go from a recommended setting of 14 to 8 and back to 17 in a very short distance. On the beach it rarely goes above 20 in the dry sand and never above 14 in the wet.Here in NJ.
BCNJ

I have been running auto and having good results,,,, I just get to excited to dig a target and forget to check between man and auto,,,, the ETRAC was very quick to switch from man to auto,,,, is there a short-cut on the CTX to so this???