Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IMPROVED IN 3.0?

Let's start a thread of what you would like to see in 3.0.

I'll start with what I would like to see:

1) Target normalizing across frequencies

2) Improved discrimination/identification of crown caps (beer bottle tops)

3) Improved depth

Let's keep this going. If you have an idea (within reason) of something you would like to see improved in 3.0, share it here.

1) Target normalization across frequencies (same Target ID Numbers on all frequencies)
2) Eliminate the iron wrap-around from 97-99 on 8, 12 & 18khz frequencies
3) Deeper Target ID stability to match the good deep tones
4) More Tones
5) Simpler Notch setup, current sliding notch could be improved.

PS - Engineering Side Note - XP needs to center the coil mounts on the Deus large 13x11" coil.

Happy Hunting Deus Fans - WestTn

1. More tones
2. A wider audio range so we can tell those tones apart.
3. If possible- a separate volume control for each tone. It would be nice to be able to set the disc at zero and still be able to lower the volume of iron or any other unwanted target range.

A wireless pin pointer configured to give the same sounds on the target as the XP. I wonder how a Double coil would work on the XP.

I have also heard from various people that a mono/concentric coil would be desirable for the Deus. It would just allow for greater flexibility and it would allow for those who swear by mono/concentric coils the option of looking at this machine.

Let's keep this thread in the direction of adding what YOU would like to see, not what you think about what someone else would like to see. We all have different wants and needs. This is a place to post what YOUR PERSONAL wants and needs are for v3.0. It's ok to disagree with someone else's responses, but please keep those feelings to yourself.

Thanks Guys and HH -Marc

1. Ability to apply a zero tone instead of no lower than 200.
2. Better notch, tighter, not a span of 6.
3. More than 3 sets of notch. (I know, it is 4 if you count Disc)

What WestTn/MHirschmann said:

1) Target normalization across frequencies (same Target ID Numbers on all frequencies)
2) Eliminate the iron wrap-around from 97-99 on 8, 12 & 18khz frequencies
3) Deeper Target ID stability to match the good deep tones

I would like to see a sturdier pair of headphones that are light like the present ones, but that are adjustable and stay on your head instead of sliding around and slipping all the time.

this is the latest news from the UK forum copied ..

quote...

I've just returned from a quick visit to XP with Alain, what's coming next ?

V3 software available towards the end of this year, additional programs, more controls, more functions.

Chargeable ? yes probably, this was always the intention long term. Big changes will be chargeable, the previous updates were all tweeks and improvements to existing programs & therefore were free.

The argument for chargeable updates will I'm sure start now but the alternative option is to sell your machine and buy the latest model which as we all know is far more expensive, this is how all manufacturers operate apart from XP. The small price paid for an update will be considerably less that the amount lost selling the old version and then buying the new version, R&D does not come cheap especially when XP employ top quality engineers and technicians, this cost needs to be recovered in some way.

We do not have details yet on how this will work but there are many options being discussed, maybe even a one off update fee which will give updates for the life of that machine.

V3 is not finalised but the basic changes are confirmed we just have to wait, sorry !

WS5 headphones, due end of the year, I have now had on my head and a had a play with them, completely new design, manufactured in-house, VERY comfortable they may even get me to change from the small backphone version, they are that comfortable & weatherproof also.

11" coil is coming late this year or early next and will be an optional coil when buying a new Deus.

Longer middle stem will be made available as accessory or maybe standard fit from late 2012.

end of quote

Chargeable ? yes probably, this was always the intention long term. Big changes will be chargeable, the previous updates were all tweeks and improvements to existing programs & therefore were free.

Thats rather unfortunate....when I plunked out my dough just a scant 3 1/2 mos ago it sounded like ALL future upgrades were free. now were finding out that if its denoted a "big change" it will cost us.

who posted this and on which forum ? PM is ok, too. Thanks

uk owners forum

http://www.xp-ownersforum.com/

you have to be a member to read it

Terry(Mi) said:

Thats rather unfortunate....when I plunked out my dough just a scant 3 1/2 mos ago it sounded like ALL future upgrades were free. now were finding out that if its denoted a "big change" it will cost us.

It was actually mentioned a while back on this forum by a well informed poster ;) http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1657480,1657480#msg-1657480

Personally, I love the idea.......as long as the price is right. Not to pick on anyone in particular, but when you take a look at what people are paying to upgrade to the latest greatest machine.......not to mention what they paid to upgrade to the machine before that........it makes a lot of sense. On the other hand........if chargeable upgrades had been in the plan all along, then XP should have been clear about it from the start.

Terry(Mi) said:

I agree with Terry(Mi). I was also informed when I purchased my XP Deus that the upgrades were free. I guess if the update is significant it may be worth paying for as long as it is reasonable.

Its a shame because the V3 software upgrade is already being made for newer versions of the Deus in spite of older models and doesn't cost the company to offer it to the legacy users.

The new version of the software is being developed but it will not leave existing users behind. XP utilized the digital platform so that upgrades could be applied over existing versions via Internet-based upgrades which allows people that are using a Deus to either stick with what they have or try the upgrade when it is released.

The fact that XP is offering the updates - which are not simply patches for software glitches but rather true changes and upgrades - and not requiring customers to buy a new high end detector says a lot about they way they are approaching the customer.

Andy Sabisch

I agree, they should have let us know from the start. Then we could have waited and bought the upgraded one if we were willing to wait for it to come out. I will purchase it if it is reasonable. Otherwise I am happy with the way it is and will keep the money in my pocket.

Andy, every software upgradeable hardware I have ever purchased has been supported for the life of the hardware...for free.
If XP Detectors charges the current customers for the upgrades, it will be a first in my book.
However I have no idea if they are really going to charge the end user for version upgrades. But if so, then XP Detectors should know how the consumer feels.
So what I would like to see in Version 3.0 and beyond is free upgrades for the life of the detector warranty.

I guess we will see how it all pans out, there's nothing on the XP websites or the manual (that I can find) stating the upgrades are free. Im not certain where that info first came from, but I do recall that being a sell point for me.
I'll either pay to play or I won't pay and keep what i already have. It doesnt get any simpler than that. It would be nice to see something official from the factory so current (and future potential) deus owners know what's what.

With very few exceptions, no detector has been upgraded software-wise before - for free or otherwise. The typical course is for manufacturers to make a change and market it as a new model requiring customers to buy a new detector.

With XP's ability to install upgrades via the internet, they are raising the bar that others will either be forced to copy or find a way to justify selling a new detector.

And as far as the cost, while there is nothing firm on the Version 3.0 software, you can see what they charge for the current upgrade for existing customers . . . . . $0.00!

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uk_detecteurs_DEUS_update.php

Andy Sabisch

Andy----When did the currentupgrade (last upgrade) for the XP Deus come out?
Andy Sabisch said:
With very few exceptions, no detector has been upgraded software-wise before - for free or otherwise. The typical course is for manufacturers to make a change and market it as a new model requiring customers to buy a new detector.

With XP's ability to install upgrades via the internet, they are raising the bar that others will either be forced to copy or find a way to justify selling a new detector.

And as far as the cost, while there is nothing firm on the Version 3.0 software, you can see what they charge for the current upgrade for existing customers . . . . . $0.00!

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uk_detecteurs_DEUS_update.php

Andy Sabisch