Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IMPROVED IN 3.0?

So, something I've not played with is notching. I don't want to stray this thread, but dying to ask...if increasing discrim val decreases depth, does notching have any affect on depth?

Randy

I havent noticed it in a quick airtest, theoretically it shouldn't reduce depth.

In an earlier post someone mentioned that they would like to be able to notch a smaller window than 6 points. Today I was able to notch 97-99 using N2 (second notch) and made it as small as a one point notch (99 only). I didn't try bringing down the top end down to see if I could retain the 1 point resolution at lower settings. Notch 1 doesn't allow that kind of resolution. I didn't try other combinations but I had everything notched from ID 3 to 75 with notch 1. Notch 2 was 97-99. I was cherry picking for old coins in trash and notched out iron wrap around.

I hear that XP are working on some new secret trickery that will raise the bar once again and leave all the other makers in the dust ...

New to the machine, but I hoping some of that "trickery" is to help me understand that the 91 I'm getting as a very strong signal is not a coin or good target, but a chunk of iron.

Don't care for fancy...only hoping for stronger performance where possible...maybe killing the wrap around on iron, and having confidence that the 98 is a target to give goose bumps.

Randy

I would like to see a menu item added for volume control when you plug in 1/8 inch headphones. I know its rare for us to use these but yesterday I took the Deus out for a rain hunt and had my control box in a waterproof pouch with a connector for headphones and when I plugged in my waterproof earbuds, I nearly blew my ears out. I went through the menu to see if there was a setting for volume control when you plug in headphones and couldn't find anything for that. It's not a big deal as I have had the Deus this long and have never plugged in headphones until now, but it should be a simple enough add-on in the software and I think it would be great in case you happen to break your factory headphones and need to switch to plugged ones etc. Thanks -Marc

Marc,
That is one of the things that I was going to ask a question about and now that you have answered it.
I would like to see a volume control also.
I tried out my ear buds and blew my ears out too.
I'm thinking about water hunting and want to use water proof ear buds, soooo...
I guess it is going to hurt...

HH

1. Include Normalized target values
2. Make the DISC value different than the threshold value of the first tone (the value seperating the first and second tones).

The problem is "water prooof" .
I'm hoping to be able to put my head under water when hunting.
Got to get out there where no one else goes...
I guess the volume control could go inside the waterproof housing.
That's a possiblity.
I'll have to look into it.

HH

Cool :clapping:
Problem solved...
Thanks

HH

the wireless feature makes many things possible so long as the firmware can take it ,other brands are restricted by their locked system.

Honestly, a threshold. Cans and bottle/screw caps fool this thing easily. There are workarounds but none I have seen yet like a threshold would. Maybe the ability to run multiple frequencies at one time with a generalized normalization. I'm coming from a Minelab where I could tell good sounding cans by the fact I lost threshold way before I got a tone, I cant do that with the Deus and I dug a bunch of them today. Intact cans are no problem, I learned their sound, it's the ends of cans sitting flat that got me. Bottlecaps are another story, some you can work around with wigglebacks, or freq changes, but some just sound good. Thats just my take after the couple short hunts I have had with it.

A wireless pinpointer would be nice.

I would like to see a 5" or 6" coil for trash even if the Deus has a super fast recovery.It would cover less area and give better separation which I like.

I would like the current pinpoint mode to me saved when you turn the machine off to eliminate having to set it up every time. I like to use the non-motion audio disc mode for pinpointing it seems more accurate to me.

By weatherproof headphones do you mean no volume control or is it set through the detector? That would be sweet

I would like the option, when I turn off the control unit, I can choose whether or not to kill the headphones also. This isn't a deal breaking situation here, but a nice choice to have for all to power down at one time.

TID normalisation across the frequencies would at first be nice. Help with the learning curve.
On the other hand when switching to a higher frequency and aiming at smaller finds, you would want your low conductor TID range to be as wide as possible.
A more precise setting for discing out small unwanted conductors.