Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IMPROVED IN 3.0?

Del,

It was released in early 2011 . . . . . . about 18 months after the original Deus was released . . . . .

Andy

i think you need to see what will be in the upgrade ,it could be something special which will blow you away and wont mind a small fee ,instead of buying a new machine.XP are a market leader in europe for a good reason

Minelab is using a 2-dimensional scale that provides numbers users can interpert . . . . . there is no magic happening in which metallurgical analysis is being performed on targets in the ground . . . . . even the Minelab engineers have said you can call it "APPLES" and "ORANGES" as they are simply relative values.

If the suggestion is for additional target ID information to be provided to the user, that is something to have XP's staff work on but to ask for the Minelab Ferrous number is asking XP to copy Minelab rather than innovate as they have done since their inception.

Andy Sabisch

I don't have a problem with XP charging a reasonable amount for the update. If it is truly a nice step forward then so be it.

I'd like to see:
1. More stable VID's
2. VID's at depth (no cutting out of VID's)

Those two things along with the 11" Coil could mean the Deus becomes a more classic coin machine. Which for me is what I want.

Albert

I would like to see AI.
For instance, you sweep a target that you want to record. Press the record button, make several sweeps and set to memory. Then you dig the target and give the recording a good or bad ID to the target. The more you record, the smarter the AI will become.
Soon you will get a good/bad target ID along with the other info. Its not a perfect science but its what many of us do in our heads anyhow. Why not use technology to help the process. For instance, I got a rough signal that I was sure wasn't a coin but something told me to dig. It was a wheat penny with a heavy green patina. Maybe its impossible to do because of the variables involved like sweep speed, nearby trash, off center coil. Anyhow its a thought and right now XP seems to be the only company with potential.
Am I asking too much?

I had exactly the same thought!

Teach (or at least try to) the detector what the actual recovery was. I think it's doable but not in this generation of detectors. Perhaps the next hardware version of the Deus?

Regards, Joe (California)

I would like to see a more flexible notch program where you have the option to notch less than 6 numbers. I would also like to be able to notch more than just 6 consecutive numbers. maybe we have that ability and I am just not aware of it.

Well I wouldnt mind paying a small amount to find hammered a little deeper. If it is only bells and whistles I wont upgrade.

MHirschmann said:
Let's start a thread of what you would like to see in 3.0.

I'll start with what I would like to see:

1) Target normalizing across frequencies

2) Improved discrimination/identification of crown caps (beer bottle tops)

3) Improved depth

Let's keep this going. If you have an idea (within reason) of something you would like to see improved in 3.0, share it here.

My feelings exactly from my limited use of the Deus.

Along with a lot of the other suggestions, would like a tutorial vid going over the remote and making adjustments similar to what White's and Fisher does to complement the manual.

Stand corrected, looks like there might be such a thing on youtube.

i would like a small vocabulary to allow speech recognition so i can jump between frequencies without having to fiddle with the control ,
maybe a few others i have yet to think of

Hello All,

I'm wondering how much of these improvements that we'd like to see is not more of a hardware update than a software one? If so, we'd be looking at a different detector. Any thoughts on this Andy, Mark, or anyone else?

In any case....
1) More tones that are clearly definable
2) Deeper depth without losing target conductivity
3) More stable digital scale of target conductivity (I know, a lot to ask)
4) Better headphones
5)Target normalizing across frequencies
6) Concentric coil

Rob Philippo

If I understand right, raising the disc on the Deus will greatly reduce depth. It stands to reason that it would respond like any other VLF detector in that respect.
I was thinking, ...If I could turn the volume down on the other tones, then I could listen to "only" the high tones for deep coins without losing depth.
I know I could go with 3 tones, silence iron and just ignore anything under a high tone, but silence or even reduced volume from the lower tone would be nice.

Another possible option is to allow the PP button to be chosen as a mute switch. I don't use the PP option very often but sure would like to mute the detector when I lay it down to dig.
Especially when using the Propointer which reeks havoc on the Deus in 4KHz.

Ism said:
Another possible option is to allow the PP button to be chosen as a mute switch. I don't use the PP option very often but sure would like to mute the detector when I lay it down to dig.
Especially when using the Propointer which reeks havoc on the Deus in 4KHz.

I Agree

Ism said:
If I understand right, raising the disc on the Deus will greatly reduce depth. It stands to reason that it would respond like any other VLF detector in that respect.
I was thinking, ...If I could turn the volume down on the other tones, then I could listen to "only" the high tones for deep coins without losing depth.
I know I could go with 3 tones, silence iron and just ignore anything under a high tone, but silence or even reduced volume from the lower tone would be nice.

I jumped the gun with this post. While it would be nice to lower the volume on other tones, I didn't realize a single notch could be expanded the entire spectrum. I tried it today when hunting a horrible site full of trash to isolate coins (set it from 0-72 4khz).
I also temporarily switched to another program to reduce chatter when using the Propointer. It worked to reduce the craziness (mute would still be nice). I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat.