Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats in a name?

I see different avatar names and just wonder what yours means or why you picked that as a name.

As a county deputy I felt it was my job to know as much about my county as humanly possible. I made a cheat sheet for the guys on place names in the county just so if a call came in from a backwoods locale no one had to spend time trying to find where to go. This consisted of every creek name, ridge/butte/knob or mountain, road names if not commonly known, etc.
At one point someone put up a sign in dispatch that said, “who needs Onstar when we have Ronstar”. Thus my avatar!
Well, I purchased my first Computer in 2000 the ME & started using the Internet & joined the CMD Forum about 2001 & since I was truly saved & filled with God's Holy Spirit in 1984 I started writing poems given to me by God's Holy Spirit & I placed copies on the CMD Forum! Mike Walker in Michigan started calling me Ma, knowing I too am a Christian; therefore, for being from MO I used Missouri Betty & then I used MO Ma Betty & started calling Mike, me son, & that's how I became known as Ma! May God Bless! Ma

Okie transplanted from Ark. Most of my distant kin came from GA.,Alabama and Ark. Most fought for the Gray inc.
John Bell Hood:mad: Did have one in the Blue, George Maledon, who went on to become Judge Parker's hangmen.
Held world record for a time hanged 6 simultaneously!!🤠
My mom and dad (passed) were geneaologists is why I know about these things they traced kin way back from Lithuania,
Germany and England. I put the mad face on ole Hood because he got a lot of men killed needlessly IMO. He was brave
and kinda reckless and was a good commander of smaller units but after wounds at I believe in Chickamauga and Gettysburg
he lost use of 1 arm and 1 leg. As a corps commander during Atlanta campaign and Nashville I think he was addicted to
laudenum so bad he was wackadoo, thus making bad decisions. My mom was a Hood.
Now ole George M. was from mom's side too. He always carried his ropes in his saddlebags and oiled and hanked them daily.
I believe he performed 66 hangings while on Judge Parker's court. He was also a deputy sheriff at the same time and
supposedly as good with his six-shooter as he was with his ropes.
A guy I work with is married to a Younger. She's OK but some of her family really are modern day outlaws. So sorry
about the long winded history lesson just thought somebody might find it interesting. My wife always said I should
have been a history teacher!