Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's your favorite beer?

Beer Snob

Thought about posting this in the general interest forum but then, why can't beer be a hobby? :beers:

As you might have guessed, by my username, I'm a microbrew fan.
LOVE my beer!
So what's your favorite drink of choice?

Dunno.. So many good ones these days it's a hard call. But in general, the darker ales and stouts are
my favorites I suppose. But I do like some of the lighter ales too.
I stocked up on a lot of St. Arnolds Winter Stout over the holidays. It only comes out once a year for
a couple of months or so.. It's real good. I still have a few left of those.

And this past week I tried out one I had just seen, that is also a special..
Shiner Birthday Beer, which for their 106th year was a Chocolate Stout. It was so yummy, I went back
to the grocery store that had it, and I bought up every last one they had on display. And I'll buy up any more
I see.. It's a bit sweeter than most of the stouts I get, but it sure is some tasty stuff.
I'm drinking one right now.. :) They are good ice cold. I stick em in the freezer a spell before drinking.
I bet if I mixed the Winter Stout and the Chocolate Stout 50/50 in a mug, it would be fantastic.. :beers:

I also like Real Ale's stuff, which is a brewery out of Blanco TX.
So many good ones, so little time.. lol.. And I am kind of a beer snob too these days.. But I've kind of
come to the conclusion that life is too short to drink crappy beer. :rofl:
You won't see me drinking hardly any of the cheap stuff.. The only cheap beer I will drink is Rolling Rock
Extra Pale. It's actually not too bad for a cheaper brew..

Indeed it can be considered a hobby! Or perhaps even a Sport?

I consider myself a bar stool expert on all matters hoppological and alcoholly!...I've traveled the World drinking beers, Tsingtao, Peroni, some stuff in Denmark I cant remember, Austrian ales, etc..homebrews, reds, darks, everything..little kings even!:rofl:.

Unfortunately,due to self inflicted medical reasons, I can now only drink mid grade pissvassers, Bud Or Coors or the aforementioned RR pale, even Corona is too stiff ...I've tried the ultra cheap Natty, but the formeldahyde gives me a blinding headache after a 12 pack...If I try to go with anything dark or red, any microbrews, I get a furious case of gout in my foot!...and I tell you, a guy wont drink a beer for a month it hurts so bad...although I know its gonna happen, I still occasionally get pulled in and succumb to peer group pressure!

Anyway, if I was in front of a firing squad and got to have one last beer to drink...out of all of them on the Planet, I'd ask for a 25oz can of budlite...probably just on the ridiculousness of the whole thing...:rofl::beers:
Mud

:rofl: Thanks for the laugh Mud. Mine would have to be the Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita

mudpuppy said:
Anyway, if I was in front of a firing squad and got to have one last beer to drink...out of all of them on the Planet, I'd ask for a 25oz can of budlite...probably just on the ridiculousness of the whole thing...:rofl::beers:
Mud

A long long time ago me and a couple buddies stumbled into this flea bitten raunchy 50 some miles South of the Border Mexican small town bar. Dirt floors, sombrero'd desperado types and of course complete with willing skinyaritas with $ signs in their eyes. The place had a strong smell of urine too.

What kind of beer you all got here? The bartender mumbled in broken English a beer i never heard of and long forgot its name.
OK, worried about Montezuma's revenge, give us the bottles.

No bottles Seniors!! Oh Oh!
Dam, whatever it was, it was one of the best thickest full bodied beers i've ever had. Had to be a local brew with a distinct after taste of tequila. :drool:

Thats about all i can devulge here on what happened the rest of the night!! :lol:
No we didn't end up in a Mexican jail, but dam close! LOL.

These days, its either Bud Light or Natural Lite. Sometimes whats ever on sale.
After the first couple cans, they all taste the same to me.

having spent 2 yrs of my life locked up I gave up the alcohol (and the narcotics) some 24-25yrs (?) ago....lmao! If you can stay outta trouble...more power too you, so runamuck and enjoy!!!!!

mudpuppy said:
Indeed it can be considered a hobby! Or perhaps even a Sport?

I consider myself a bar stool expert on all matters hoppological and alcoholly!...I've traveled the World drinking beers, Tsingtao, Peroni, some stuff in Denmark I cant remember, Austrian ales, etc..homebrews, reds, darks, everything..little kings even!:rofl:.

Unfortunately,due to self inflicted medical reasons, I can now only drink mid grade pissvassers, Bud Or Coors or the aforementioned RR pale, even Corona is too stiff ...I've tried the ultra cheap Natty, but the formeldahyde gives me a blinding headache after a 12 pack...If I try to go with anything dark or red, any microbrews, I get a furious case of gout in my foot!...and I tell you, a guy wont drink a beer for a month it hurts so bad...although I know its gonna happen, I still occasionally get pulled in and succumb to peer group pressure!

Mud

That gout is a pain!! I get it in the big toe and just recently (3 weeks ago) Got a flare up in the right ankle. But I would have to go with a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.

My main beer is Yuengling Lager. One after another and they still taste good....I don't buy anything else, except Corona for the wife. She'll occasionally have one with lime, yuck!
I don't care for beer that taste like cherry or chocolate or orange or anything else.....just beer.

Back in the 70's I was on a building project at Schmidt's Brewery in Philly. They had a off street keg room, concrete floor, brick walls nothing fancy. At lunch we'd climb down off the scaffold, grab our bagged lunch and head to this room. They had the coldest freshest beer, omg. When you drank it your eyes automatically closed, it was that refreshing. Good ole days.

After landing in the ER a few months ago with pancreatitis, I've sworn off both alcohol and red meat (you have no idea how addictive beer and barbecue is, until you can't have them).

I never liked the trendy hipster beers that taste like a pine cone. My favorite beer of all time was Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout, but a cold Bud Light or Old Milwaukee would do just fine.

Haven't had a beer in years. Diagnosed with type II diabetes back in the early 90's. Since alcohol is nothing but sugar I gave up on any and all alcoholic beverages. Yes I Miss them. But I enjoy living more than drinking. I would on occasion indulge in a Guinness Stout and Heineken mixed about half and half. Drool.

We have some really wicked real ales here in the UK and boy are they strong,trouble is with me i suffer from 'Alcoholic Constipation' as i cannot pass a pub :rofl:

Murphy's Irish Stout on tap only, Guinness Stout on tap only and poured as a black/tan or black/amber, Newcastle Brown Ale, Becks dark, Heineken Dark, Corsondonk (sp? from Denmark) I'm a lifer Bostonian and I don't care for anything by Sam Adams brewery but I really Like what Harpoon Brewery puts out especially the heavy wheat's and summer ales

I like too many beers to really have a favorite, but....one that never EVER does me wrong, is always welcome, and is also a little cheaper than many beers in its category is: St. Pauli Girl!

Ein Bier, bitte.

ellisislandasino.com ,Las Vegas

They have there on Brewery. And the Best Root Beer , I haven't had a Drink ( Beer ) in 45 years

I'm more of a Bourbon drinker ,straight , no ice , no chasers , at least a half a fifth on a good gatherin' night . But I've drank more Juenlings in the past few months than I've drank in the past 10 years or so .So as far as beer goes , I'll have to stick with that one . Bottoms up .

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale is one of my favorites. Arrogant Bastard Ale is pretty good also.
I can only drink a light beer if absolutely nothing else is available.