Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When did Minelab come out with the Etrac?

baspinall

Curious when the Etrac was first released? Know a guy who wants to sell his but can't seem to recall when he got it? I just wanted know if his was still under warranty. Have Etrac's been out for more than three years?

Thank you,

Brian

I believe they came out in 2008 so it sounds like there would be a reasonable chance his is still covered. The unfotunate thing is that Minelab warranties are not transferable.

I believe E-Trac came in the Fall of 2008 - not 100% sure thats correct.
But unlike White's warranty - Minelab's warranty is not transferable to a second owner.

baspinall said:
Thank you. Do you know if you can purchase a warranty from Minelab?

Warranty is non transferable and cannot be purchased as far as I know. If the warranty is that important to you, get a new machine. Chances are good your machine will be fine and never need service. Even if it does, the most that repairs would usually run is $200, so weigh that against the cost of a used machine. I think you'll still find out you come out ahead buying used, even if you do need to send it in for something.

Never had the slightlest problem with it and it has been used and abused from day one.Payed for its self a few time over I might ad:thumbup:

Bought my E-Trac from Kelly Co. Aug, 28, 2008. I think that was when they were first released for sale in the US. I've had a few pressure pad issues, but aside from that, I really like this machine, as it has more "fine tuning" abilities than my old XS (however, I wouldn't part with that one either).

Well I am jumping in. Getting a lightly used one for $1000.00. Seems fair. i have a Whites V3 so I am really curious to see some head to head trials and results.

Brian