Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When is Minelab Releasing their New Pinpointer?

It was supposed to be in April but it was pushed back to when, I don't know nor could I find any upcoming release date.

Since the CTX cannot have a SunRay probe attached like alot of E-Trac user have including myself, I would assume it would be released in conjunction with the CTX. I would buy one if that was the case but if it is not released then, I will need to buy something else because hunting without a probe would be just too tedious. Minelab are U listening!!!

Don in South Jersey said:
It was supposed to be in April but it was pushed back to when, I don't know nor could I find any upcoming release date.

Since the CTX cannot have a SunRay probe attached like alot of E-Trac user have including myself, I would assume it would be released in conjunction with the CTX. I would buy one if that was the case but if it is not released then, I will need to buy something else because hunting without a probe would be just too tedious. Minelab are U listening!!!

Don - Very good point and I hope Minelab is listening. All those E-Trac users who will be upgrading and who use the SunRay Probe are gonna be stuck and need a pinpointer.

Maybe May 19th on Minelab Day. I have a Pro-Pointer I use with my F-75SE relic hunting but will get the ML pin-pointer when it becomes available. No way I would hunt without a pin-pointer it just makes locating targets so much easier. HH :minelab:

My fantasy/suspicion is what somebody else mentioned...Maybe the delay on the pinpointer was waiting for the new machine to be released, as the pinpointer has a wireless transmitter inside to talk to the wireless headphones that come with the machine. That would be a killer idea, as the pinpointer could still be used by people with other machines since I would assume it also has a built in speaker and virbrator like the Pro Pointer.

I think, only speculating here.... that minelab will throw in the pinpointer with the purchase of a ctx to off-set the price issue for many people. Most will see this as a good move to an otherwise out of their price range detector.

I would like this and would make me purchase one if I was on the fence. I'm not, I'm in.

Critterhunter said:
My fantasy/suspicion is what somebody else mentioned...Maybe the delay on the pinpointer was waiting for the new machine to be released, as the pinpointer has a wireless transmitter inside to talk to the wireless headphones that come with the machine. That would be a killer idea, as the pinpointer could still be used by people with other machines since I would assume it also has a built in speaker and virbrator like the Pro Pointer.
that would frickin cool.. but with all the CTX is offering, I can hardly think that that would be the case...Ive got my fingers crossed!!!