Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where Are The New Fisher Models ?

Russ lately keeps pushing the sales of the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV on YT. They must have a overstock of them. He goes to events such as Digstock with a bevy of FT machines. A couple of guys who he helps sponser still claim that new stuff is on the horizon. Could be just blowing smoke until they are sold out of stock.

Back when Dave Johnson was posting on the forums somebody asked him what his favorite detector was. He said the Tracker IV.

I talked to the Fisher /Teknetics Team at the IWA show in Nuremberg.

The FTP company is not going to stop making or develop new metal detectors.

They are working on stuff, and yes, we are going to see new detectors from FTP.
FTP just does not do it the "Minelab" way. (How many user are waiting for the Manticore...)

I know my information is not much and many will reply like : Yeah right, in 5 years...and statement like that, but I know they will surprise some of us.

Sorry, can't tell you more.

Andy

I used Fisher detectors ——- CZ s after that, nada they used to have a new detector every 2-3 years 3- y different Czs, Coin strike, ID excel, ID edge. After those they pushed F75 versions , too many. I lost track !!! Nothing new in many years ! They lost my interest. Their competition has dominated the market!!! I like to purchase American made , but there same old offerings don’t cut it anymore. I and many more are using THREE other manufacturers cutting edge products!! HH Tony

I used Fisher detectors ——- CZ s after that, nada they used to have a new detector every 2-3 years 3- y different Czs, Coin strike, ID excel, ID edge. After those they pushed F75 versions , too many. I lost track !!! Nothing new in many years ! They lost my interest. Their competition has dominated the market!!! I like to purchase American made , but there same old offerings don’t cut it anymore. I and many more are using THREE other manufacturers cutting edge products!! HH Tony

I hear you, but with the new "Boss" (Brad Fullerton) for the Hobby line of FTP detectors many things are going to change.
I met him at the IWA show and he is very aware of the current market situation and I realy have confidence that he is the guy who gets things done. He was not to shy to visit the other brands boothes to get information, what is going on.
Yes, there is work to do, but it will be done and we American Made Detector fans will say: It was worth waiting.

Meet the FTP Team at the next shot show in Las Vegas and talk to them.

In a nutshell: They are not going down, they will be back. There is progress.

Andy

I agree. I bought a new gold bug for a back up while running the F75 as my primary machine. It was more stable and found some nice finds with it. But it didn't seem to have the depth the F75 did. At the time I needed a water detector so I traded it in for the AT pro. I do wish I would've hung on to it..hhrickinmi

I am wondering the same. Love my Tek Patriot (F70) qnd have always had a special place in my heart for the Fisher/Teknetics machines, but I did buy a Nokta Simplex plus and have a new X-Terra Pro on the way. The tech on these machines is so far advanced and at the price point it may be tough for First Texas to compete! I wish them all the best and hope they don't go the way Tesoro did!

My T2 already finds targets deeper than I want to dig sometimes so I'm not in a hurry to get a "new technology" detector. I'm a bit skeptical of the hype anyway. Most mfrs have to keep coming out with new machines to keep the customers happy so they dream up these gimmick features to hook us. I don't think Fisher works that way though. At least not as much as the others. I think that's what the Fisher rep meant when he said they don't operate like Minelab.

I'm not saying ML or the others don't make good products -- I just think there is a certain amount of "show biz" in the marketing of metal detectors.

The day we phase out hobby detectors is probably the day we lock the doors for good. Metal detectors pay the bills here, and FTP currently owns the low-end market. That's just not what most of the folks on these forums are looking for.
I do like your pinpointer why not make a full blown machine. I am sure your more than capable. Make it waterproof and go . I would buy one definitely.

Still use my F75 and F19 even after trying many other brands top units. They are still right there with them. I don't think VLF detectors really have that much more room for innovation. Im hoping for lighter and better pulse machines that don't cost so much.

Just was this on the Dankowski Forum...

I just think there is a certain amount of "show biz" in the marketing of metal detectors
There is "show bis" in marketing of detectors and everything else for that matter. Most of us I think recognize that and make buying decisions accordingly. Many of you guys know I've been a Fisher user since the early 90's and ultimately a staunch supporter. Their F 75 platform still is among the best for depth. After using a single multi frequency detector now for over two years, however, depth alone simply isn't enough. My detector of choice today gets at least equal depth and most likely deeper, has a faster target response, has better stability, better tid, selectable frequencies and numerous other tweaking functions. I'll always hold Fisher in high regards, but I am no longer going to defend their inactivity in the new technology dept. HH jim tn

There is "show bis" in marketing of detectors and everything else for that matter. Most of us I think recognize that and make buying decisions accordingly. Many of you guys know I've been a Fisher user since the early 90's and ultimately a staunch supporter. Their F 75 platform still is among the best for depth. After using a single multi frequency detector now for over two years, however, depth alone simply isn't enough. My detector of choice today gets at least equal depth and most likely deeper, has a faster target response, has better stability, better tid, selectable frequencies and numerous other tweaking functions. I'll always hold Fisher in high regards, but I am no longer going to defend their inactivity in the new technology dept. HH jim tn
I took my F75 out yesterday to hunt some curbs. I like my F75, but it will remain as a backup to my newer machine.

Last edited:
Just visited the Fisherlab.com website, and nothing about the AQ. Actually the site is 1990's style website that has not been updated in 20 years. I see the AQ on Kellyco. Anybody tried one out?

As we get older health is our biggest issue. I hope the best for everyone. My prayers for all. Life is fun but a short walk. Don't miss the good parts. God bless .
Yep,at 82 going through all this have been through 12 major surgeries. Back,neck,complete right shoulder replacement,gastric bypass,now the shoulder which was done in 2017 needs a return replacement parts :eek: . I am also a diabetic good mercy plus I set off my detector with 10 pounds of titanium in my body. Hmmmm, life is like a vapor here one minute and gone the next:sadwalk:.I live in south Texas and crime is up 1000% with 8,000,000 imgrants coming across the border.How would you like this guys as your hunting buddies:yikes:.

Attachments

• MS-13-Gang.jpg
    MS-13-Gang.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 75
  • mara-salvatrucha-facts-and-stories-u30.jpg
    mara-salvatrucha-facts-and-stories-u30.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 76
  • MS_13_Murders.jpg
    MS_13_Murders.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 74
While there are some AQ's in use for water hunting, it has pretty much been a marketing disaster since it first came out some time ago, now. For those interested, check the water hunting forums of the various treasure forums.

As far as First Texas going out of business, I saw 2 Bounty Hunter detectors in carts while shopping at Bass Pro yesterday and another getting paid for at the check out. Probably a lot more Bounty Hunters out there then Ace 250's, and the latter has sold zillions. HH jim tn