Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where are they now?

chipper97

When I got back into the hobby in 2014 I read everything I could in all the Forums to help me make a decision on my equipment. I read posts by a lot of fellows, some of whom are still posting. But there are some who no longer post that were instrumental in helping me get back in the game. So without further ado, whatever happened to "sgoss66", "Bryce-IL", "McDave", "Jbow", "deeponedge", "niterider 58", "Derrelld", "Dave-IL",
"Critterhunter", "Big Digger". Wherever you guys are thanks for the interesting and helpful posts.:please:

Sad to say, a lot of the "old gang" has disappeared (for whatever reason).------I miss them & their posts also--life goes on I guess.

Yes, there are a number of guy's and girls that no longer post unfortunately. A few got banned (for whatever reasons)! and one I miss is the 'Silverslingers' and that young lady that shouted EEEEEEEEEE!! whenever she got a colonial coil or a button or a belt buckle!!! I'm sure they are still out there and still detecting. Again, some have left us for good but are still detecting those endless parks and never ending sandy shores of heaven???

Thanks for replying D&P-OR and Goldstrike. I remember you both from the old days. I came in on the tail end of what sounded like some real good times. Close knit group. You and Mr. Moutray, drkp88, Goesforever, glad you're all still here. I swing Minelab's thanks to you and those wonderful reviews that Bryce did on the coils. I see D&P you may have moved on to other brands but enjoyed your posts on the Etrac. Gosh Goldstrike you got me all choked up. I'm a real sentimentalist.:cry:

Forums are an information evolution for hobbyists who spend time, and then move on. For one reason or another.
The people you mentioned were all contributors of the different finds forums and were very helpful to many.
All were appreciated, and respected members of our hobby. Who knows maybe someday they will return.

That said we have some awesome long term, and new members, who are also most helpful, and informative individuals.

Elton, you are absolutely right about that. The finds forums are a treasure trove of information that keeps building on it's foundations. You have been here awhile and been a big part of the evolution of information contained in this wonderful library of detecting lore and knowledge. Glad to be a member.

And even if I'm not on your short list of members from those good old days I'm still here:shrug: ... I'm not sure but I believe since 2008 .:surprised: I guess I'm forgettable but I think I remember you :wave:. We are now the last of the Goodfella's and Die Hards:yo: ... Happy Trails and Happy Hunting ! Woodstock:cheers:

Sorry Woodstock. I guess I should have mentioned most of the guys whose posts I read were related to the brand I'd chosen to run. Yeah, you're definitely an "old-timer"! I was out of the hobby for awhile and picked it back up in early 2014. I didn't become a member here until Aug. '15 I believe. But boy did I "lurk". Anyway I'm sure I've run across some of your posts, your forum name is familiar. But unless it was Minelab related it wouldn't have made a big impression. Now that I'm settled in I'm going to check out more of the different forums.

When it comes to detectors I guess I'm a Gypsy ...now my baby is a MX5 and a good old Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus . Have had lots of Minelabs too . Woodstock

I can relate. Back in the day I started with a Whites 5000Di and "graduated" to a Garrett Master Hunter 7. Was mostly a relic hunter back then. Then silver coins started whispering my name and I switched to a CZ 5 Quicksilver. Thought about picking up another CZ when I started back but research led me to the Minelab Explorer Se Pro. Now I've got an Etrac and loving it! But my ears are on the tracks listening for rumors of new "wonder" machines in the offing. So who knows what I'll be running this time next year. Whatever it is I expect to be having a blast!:detecting:

Critterhunter helped me a lot when i purchased my first machine a Sovereign Gt in 2012. He left this forum (may have been due to personal attacks on his views) and he and some others started another forum. After a relatively short period of time on that forum he just disappeared.

I do miss some of the guys who got banned for infractions (?) of the rules.

Interesting info about Critterhunter GISC. I picked up lots of helpful ideas from his posts. Sometimes you've got to push the envelope a bit to gain knowledge. But it can ruffle some feathers.