Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where should I buy a new etrac?

Czhunter

Been looking for the best deal on an etrac. It's a lot of money for me to spend, so I'm really looking around. I looked on ebay at the new ones and there is a place that offers a Garrett pro pointer, lesch digger, sampson shovel, and other stuff with the purchase, but I'm a little leary because I dont know who it is I'm actually buying from. Has anyone else bought one off ebay?

I am going to purchase an E-trac sometime before next summer, and you can be sure that I will use either a sponsor or a dealer that is well known. Give each one a call and ask them what is the best deal they can give you. Many of them will let you choose what you want for accessories, or sell the bare bone machine much cheaper than retail.-(without all the extras.) Don't be discouraged if ONE of them will not attempt to bargain with you, just move on to the next. There are deals to be made, and someone will want your business enough to help you find what package best suits you. You will save more than you may think by shopping around, and the price will most likely be better than anything found on EBAY.

Take a close look at the sellers on EBay, as most new products (E-Trac) are actually dealers. Also as long as you purchase with Pay pal you are protected on your purchase being represented as claimed by the seller. If you can find a deal I would not pass on for hopes of in person purchase being a better deal. But that is my humble opinion only. Good Luck in what ever choice you make and you will be very HAPPY with a E-TRAC !!

Set a price and ask the different dealers to meet it.
1200 to 1300 for a new basic unit is a good deal. Better yet buy used with some warranty.
Call Richard at Backwoods detectors

You can buy a new one between $1200 to $1300 without all of the extras the dealers try to sell you...
A like new one just sold on eBay for $830.00...

Paid $1100 for my brand new E trac from an authorized dealer. Even threw in some extras. Have had it for almost a year now and am at 80 silvers for the year so far. well worth the $ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masterjedi said:
Bart's Big Boys Hobbies...

I bought mine there. Only thing I got extra was the Headphones and I dont like them.

I got a brand new one from Richard at Backwoods he is a wheeler and dealer I traded him my ATPRO with the 5 Garrett coils plus some cash so now I am learning the E-Trac
I just made a trade for a 8" coil for the trashy spots. I think I am going to like this new machine
Don

I used this guy and he was Johnny on the spot. Had the E-Trac in no time. Give him a call and he will save you some money.

Brother and my father both bought almost new ones for $900.00 one on ebay and one on here.
And both with warrantee

Bought mine 2 years ago for 1200.00 delivered. PM me if U want to know where. He is a Advertiser on this site.

DFXDon said:
I got a brand new one from Richard at Backwoods he is a wheeler and dealer I traded him my ATPRO with the 5 Garrett coils plus some cash so now I am learning the E-Trac
I just made a trade for a 8" coil for the trashy spots. I think I am going to like this new machine
Don

I second this post call 423-360-1242 or 423-639-2999

I have been buying from Big Boys Toys. He had the coil option I needed for my area. The package came with diggers, pouches, a hat, head phones. Wish I had bought one sooner.

Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. After deciding to move up to a E Trac from an Explorer II, I noticed Bart's shop mentioned quite a bit. I called asked a few questions and ordered the Minelab. After using it for a year I had questions about a couple of 10x5 coils so I emailed him last Sunday evening. Within 5 minutes he responded!!! I received my 10x5 coiltek and a Z link yesterday. I've been detecting since the early 70s and owned several detectors and Bart is the best I've dealt with.