Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whew... found my receipt!

jbow

According to Juan, I would need my original receipt to get my LTD upgraded, I'm glad I found it. I found my other FT receipts too, though I never had one for my T2 since it came straight from FT in a group buy before an organized hunt in VA. I think I have a service order somewhere from where they checked it out once. I was able to prove it to them by showing them some posts that are probably long gone now... I think I'll make copies and keep them at my wife's office just in case.
I don't quite understand why I would need a receipt for work on a machine that is no longer under warranty though, unless they still fix them for free if you bought it new. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Oh well, there are lots of things that I don't understand!

Julien

They don't need a receipt for paid repairs, I recently sent my Omega in for repairs and they never ask about a receipt.

Mark

I didn't have a receipt....for mine and got it upgraded ..on its second trip ..NOW!!!!!

jbow said:
According to Juan, I would need my original receipt to get my LTD upgraded, I'm glad I found it. I found my other FT receipts too, though I never had one for my T2 since it came straight from FT in a group buy before an organized hunt in VA. I think I have a service order somewhere from where they checked it out once. I was able to prove it to them by showing them some posts that are probably long gone now... I think I'll make copies and keep them at my wife's office just in case.
I don't quite understand why I would need a receipt for work on a machine that is no longer under warranty though, unless they still fix them for free if you bought it new. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Oh well, there are lots of things that I don't understand!

Julien

They upgraded mine. I called and they said to make sure I return the coils. Much of the submission was by email.
There was no discussion or email about receipt.
I can say they are not very organized or proactive.

1) I registered and paid.
2) Next day I called them. Found out I should send in both coils and they should have sent me an email back.
3) Next day I got an email but no shipping label. So I boxed it up and paid shipping to them.
4) the on line Web site said "in processing" for 3 weeks.
So I final called them to ask and was told it shipped back and received a po number to track.

So it seems they are too busy to reach out to customers and communicate anything.
I emailed them Jan 8th about the Mama pinpoint issue. Sort of a test to see if they ever reply to that issue. If I need my unit fixed now is the time since the ground is frozen.

Good. The reason I wondered is they (Juan) responded to a question about the upgrade with this (copy/paste):

Fisher and Teknetics products do not get registered for warranty purposes, for anything to be covered out of warranty we require a copy of your original purchase receipt. If you have any other questions please let me know. (Bold mine).

It sounds like, from the way it is written that... well, it is confusing. I was going through the form to upgrade the F75 and saw that I could register an account and I asked about it and if I could register my machines, which is normal on company websites where you buy products, you register them. Seems a bit odd to be a registered user but have no way to register your products. I mean, what is the purpose of registering? I'm confused but since I did find my receipt I'll send a copy just in case. I wasn't expecting anything free, I also told them in the email that none of my detectors are under warranty, though I did buy them new. So the answer confused me.

I'm sure it will work out.

Julien

What is going on is three completely different things, any of the upgrades are a buy, no receipt required. Now if while your machine is there for upgrade and they find something broken, now to fix that item under warranty they need a copy of your receipt to prove you still have warranty. If you have no warranty they will need to charge you for the repair. Now number 3, you can not buy additional warranty unless your machine still has some factory warranty left on it, so again they need proof of warranty (receipt).

Ron in WV

I talked with fisher and asked them if I should send them a copy of my original receipt and they said yes so we can have on file for warranty purposes. So I will have 7 years transfer warranty after this upgrade. That's if I get the 3 year warranty which I will to have the 7 years. GS

I got three years warranty...no receipt....Jaun said ..I needed a Receipt...I said..just upgrade...and send my money back for the Warranty...He said..We will give you warranty with no receipt....................
WV62 said:
What is going on is three completely different things, any of the upgrades are a buy, no receipt required. Now if while your machine is there for upgrade and they find something broken, now to fix that item under warranty they need a copy of your receipt to prove you still have warranty. If you have no warranty they will need to charge you for the repair. Now number 3, you can not buy additional warranty unless your machine still has some factory warranty left on it, so again they need proof of warranty (receipt).

Ron in WV

Good deal, or I miss understood how that part worked.

Ron in WV

Well heck, I have no idea if I am under warranty or not but really, it has never been a problem with any detector. Then I've never had a major malfunction. I have had Te5oro fix detectors that I bought used for no charge and really... I'm pretty sure FT would stand by any unit that wasn't abused. I'm not saying that they would or that they would advertise it but I bet they would take care of things at a minimum fee if any at all. I could be wrong but I really doubt it. They are a good company. I wouldn't expect anything free from ML but that is a horse of a different color.

In other words, I will pay for the upgrade. If they find anything else wrong I bet they will fix it. If I am not under warranty and they charge me extra, I'll pay and not complain but I wont be surprised if they were to just fix anything they might find wrong. I could be wrong though, it doesn't really matter one way or the other to me. It is fair any way you cut it.

J

Sounds correct to me Ron...Good Comment..