Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which coil

bskerj

I purchased a LNIB Etrac this in the Spring and included in the package was a 6x8 S.E.F., 10x12 S.E.F. and a 13 Ultimate plus the stock coil. I love the 6x8 but feel I don't need both larger coils. What one is more versatile? I have only used both once and I really could not tell the difference. I do want to keep one large coil, just don't know which one. Hate to see things sit in the corner not being used.

13" Ultimate seconded ! It's light as a feather and very sensitive to small targets, and killer pinpointing.

Personally, I would keep all of the coils you listed in your post ! Ask yourself why the LNIB E-Trac came with all these great coils ? It's because each one serves a specific purpose in high trash areas, open fields, mineralization soil. The previous owner created a fine arsenal for any situation of the E-Trac hunt. Kind a like having a shotgun for feather hunting and large bore rifle for big game. Each serves a purpose! Besides only owning since Spring, it's to early to unload. Best of luck in the field:detecting:

Myself - I'd sell the 10" x 12" SEF and get a small coil ( 7" or smaller ) for hunting in heavy iron and in overgrown areas.
The 6" x 8" is a excellent coil but - it's not a small coil - many user's believe that the 6" x 8" hits as deep or almost as deep as the stock 10" Pro Coil.

A small coil like the 5.5" Sunray - 6" or 4.5" x 7" Excellerator coils are killer in heavy iron, great separation, real good depth ( 8" Dimes ) and don't hang up on brush like the open spoke coils !

I hunt with a small coil 90% + of the time - well over 1000 hrs. over the last few years - the 6" or 4.5" x 7" Excellerator coils are nothing short of fantastic !
If you had a small coil you would have all three sizes for your machine and you would be well prepared to hunt any type of site.

Here's a link that Bryce Brown - ( Moderator of the Findmall Explorer forum ) posted on field tests of many different coils he's used.
A ton of great info. here ! >>> http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627

Good Luck !