Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which is the better coil for the Etrac? Sunray x-8 or SEF 6x8

Both of these medium sized coil have great reputations - I think you would be very happy with either one.
Both work very well in heavy iron - get good depth - cover a fair amount of ground and are still small enough to get in the tight spots.
After a lot of research - I decided to go with SunRay X-8 - I've only had the X-8 for a few weeks now - to say the least ...I really like it !

Good Luck !

I've just gotten both is why I'm asking. I made a deal with a friend to trade down on white's machines and with the deal came the upper and lower rods and an SEF coil for an Etrac. I acquired the Etrac recently and the purchased a SE pro locally that came with an x-8 coil and.an x-1 probe, then sold the pro for $20 less and kept the coil and the probe. So I was just curios of people that had tried them of which one to keep. Thanks

I gravitate toward the Sunrays because I like round shaped coils. For some reason, I can control them better and my swing pattern is more even and uniform.

Since I have the NEL Sharshooter, obviously I'll be biased, but I am impressed with it so far. I only have a few hours using it but it seems to do a good job. I'd be really curious to see a head to head comparison of the three of these by someone with no favorite to lean towards...