Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which One

Do you believe SMF has made selectable single frequencies obsolete? Do you need "waterproof"?
The Xterra pro fits my needs , very affordable!! It’s waterproof enough for fresh water lake hunting. I feel there’s still a need for selectable frequencies. I have a SMF detector for land hunting. The 705 and V440 are both great detectors. It’s what suits your needs.

If you’re looking for a great machine at a great price go for the xterra pro. That machine is really good.. If you wanna spend a little more and get more machine,go for the Legend pro pack like sprchng said above. Both will get the job done, and I use both. Push comes to shove tho I’m grabbing the Legend..Just my opinion..

Chevy/Ford/Dodge……. Winchester/Remington/Ruger…..etc. Once that argument begins you will never get an answer you want. Test drive whats been recommended and use what works for you and you develop trust with.

The Xterra pro fits my needs , very affordable!! It’s waterproof enough for fresh water lake hunting. I feel there’s still a need for selectable frequencies. I have a SMF detector for land hunting. The 705 and V440 are both great detectors. It’s what suits your needs.
There's a guy on youtube claiming that the xterra pro had an uncomfortable handle. He claims he had to put the xterra down after a while since his arm ached because of that.

Chevy/Ford/Dodge……. Winchester/Remington/Ruger…..etc. Once that argument begins you will never get an answer you want. Test drive whats been recommended and use what works for you and you develop trust with.
td.png

Nautilus Dmc 2b........found most of my good stuff with that machine,White's M6 I believe ran at 14 and did well with that too.Laser trident was another machine I had great success with at 14khz.In my personal opinion after using many detectors over the years I would say that 14 kHz is the overall best frequency.I have a Saxon sm45 that runs on 14,bit of a cult machine over here and that is also a great detector.

Nautilus Dmc 2b........found most of my good stuff with that machine,White's M6 I believe ran at 14 and did well with that too.Laser trident was another machine I had great success with at 14khz.In my personal opinion after using many detectors over the years I would say that 14 kHz is the overall best frequency.I have a Saxon sm45 that runs on 14,bit of a cult machine over here and that is also a great detector.
I'm still loving my oll MXT. Running at 14 khz.
It does most everything well.
And in Alaska. Very good on gold.
A location where PI's normally rule.

Excellently designed by Dave Johnson, probably one of Whites best sellers. Just heavy by today’s standards. The MXT and the Fisher CZ 5 are two analog detectors that would be great to reintroduce in an ultralight form !!! I always love the audio of the analogs !!!!! I guess I am just dreaming!!! Probably won’t see the light of day.!

Which one would you choose for an all around metal detector, Vanquish 440 or xterra 705?
for me personally if that was the only two detectors to choose from I would go with the Xterra 705, the 705 I know like the back of my hand, I still own my Xterra 705 and will never part with it, the Xterra 705 is my favorite detector of all I have ever used and one of the most under rated detectors to have ever been produced in my opinion.

Do you believe SMF has made selectable single frequencies obsolete? Do you need "waterproof"?
If single frequency is obsolete why has everyone of these manufacturers gave us the ability to switch between Multi frequencies and single frequencies LOL, that was the stupidest statement I have ever heard come from a manufacturer and then that same manufacturer comes out with a selectable single frequency detector LOL I look at Multi frequency as just another tool in the tool box just like single frequency is another tool in the tool box.

If single frequency is obsolete
I agree with you 100%. Don't pick on my post. Notice I didn't say I thought they were obsolete, I asked the poster if he believed it. Some people actually believe SMF obsoletes single frequency because certain manufacturers and Calabash digger say so and I did not post to change his beliefs. If he believed it that would eliminate the X-terra. If he had to have waterproof, that would eliminate the Vanquish.