Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whining about no silver, then BINGO.

Old coin hunter

Hunted a park lawn Saturday for 1 1/2 hours and found 38 clad coins and went back yesterday and hunted for 2 hours found 61 clad coins. Ninety nine coins for the two hunts with there being: 18 qtrs, 36 dimes, 4 nickles, 23 coppers and 18 zincs. I also found this very small silver and diamond ring. As you can see it is very small on my little finger and i think it was probably worn by a young girl. By looking at the design of it i think it is an older ring but i don't really know, but it's a neat little silver ring that's in nice shape. HH Jim.

Attachments

• 7-11-2021 Diamond 1.jpg
    7-11-2021 Diamond 1.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 7-11-2021 Diamond 2.jpg
    7-11-2021 Diamond 2.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 7-11-2021 Diamond 3.jpg
    7-11-2021 Diamond 3.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 98
I glad you ended your dry spell, sweet little ring

Man, you paid your dues getting that silver. Good job!

Cant imagine a place like that where it seems you’re the first one in the door. Thats a-good haul for such a short time span.

Cant imagine a place like that where it seems you’re the first one in the door. Thats a-good haul for such a short time span.
Thanks all. Ron that park has been detected for over 50 years so I think almost all the silver has been found. I've dug 302 coins with only one wheat being found. There is so much junk and clad, as they have car shows and a yearly Frontier Days celebration, so it's really difficult to detect. I'm having to be real careful when digging so I don't make the groundskeeper upset as it was posted for no metal detecting quite a few years back but it is no longer posted. HH. Jim.

What detector, coil & settings do you use to hunt that site?

Nokta Makro Simplex + with the 9.5x5 coil on Park 1 full sensitivity if possible and if really trashy or lots of targets park 2 and I don't usually ground balance. HH Jim.

Last edited:
Old Coin, hitting a cluster like that these days ain't all that common. And the ring is the icing. Bet you had a heck of a time. Makes me Yellious. Good for you.