Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:whites::garrett: Kellyco selling the Daddy Coil

I see Kellyco is selling the 14 X 9 Coil for the V3 but I have been informed by Whites that its not Compatable?? I have been waiting on this coil coming out....whats the script larry?

Rob might have the latest info on this Toddy. Even though White's website doesn't list it as V3 compatible, the last I heard is that all of the coils for the M6, MXT, DFX and V series are now V nulled. I hope you have an arm like Popeye, that is a pretty big coil....:shocked:

I got a 12x10 a few weeks ago and on the3 box it said DFX, MXT, and M6. It did not say V3. The 8x6 I got did include the V3 on the box. I sent it back. I would love to have a 12x10 or this 14x9... I might rather have that than the 12x10, I bet it is a bit lighter but Kelly-Co gives no weight information and the sales staff does not know the weight, at least the one I dealt with knew nothing about the weight of the coils.

Sooo... i'd like to know the skinny on this coil. Is it "V" nulled or is it not "V" nulled...?

As long as we are talking about SEF coils... I sure do wish Detech would shorten the length of the cable on the E-TRAC coils. They are the same as the Explorer coils but there needs to be a difference... the cable is too long for an E-TRAC. It loops way out the bottom of the shaft when I get the shaft to the length I need it and actually I could shorten it a little more sometimes but there is too much cable in there to do it... but anyway.

To "V" nulled or to not "V" nulled, that is the question.

J

As far as I know, NONE, of the SEF coils are V nulled. Carl had made a post to this effect.

When he made the post the 6x8 was advertised as

NEW 8 x 6" EXcelerator S.E.F. Butterfly Search Coil
For Minelab E-Trac/Safari/Explorer/Quattro
and White's Spectra V3/DFX/MXT/M6

To this day all the other SEF don't list the V3 and say

NEW 10 x 12" EXcelerator S.E.F. Butterfly Search Coil
For White's DFX/MXT/M6
Minelab E-Trac/Safari/Explorer/Quattro/ Sovereign
Fisher F75, F70 - Teknetics T2.

Toddy, I can't find the listing for the 14x9. Rob

Toddy,

If you are referring to the 1400 coil, 14x8, as far as I know that coil is not V nulled and there are not plans to V null it. Rob

Maybe White's or SR will make a "V" nulled 12' DD coil... I know there is the "super 12" but I am not a fan of concentric coils, they don't work as well in my soil... or maybe i'm just not used to them. What I learned yesterday about lowering the sens and raising the RX may change everything for me. I need to borrow my friends 950 again. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1225776,1227373#msg-1227373

J

jbow said:
I got a 12x10 a few weeks ago and on the3 box it said DFX, MXT, and M6. It did not say V3. The 8x6 I got did include the V3 on the box. I sent it back. I would love to have a 12x10 or this 14x9... I might rather have that than the 12x10, I bet it is a bit lighter but Kelly-Co gives no weight information and the sales staff does not know the weight, at least the one I dealt with knew nothing about the weight of the coils.

Sooo... i'd like to know the skinny on this coil. Is it "V" nulled or is it not "V" nulled...?

As long as we are talking about SEF coils... I sure do wish Detech would shorten the length of the cable on the E-TRAC coils. They are the same as the Explorer coils but there needs to be a difference... the cable is too long for an E-TRAC. It loops way out the bottom of the shaft when I get the shaft to the length I need it and actually I could shorten it a little more sometimes but there is too much cable in there to do it... but anyway.

To "V" nulled or to not "V" nulled, that is the question.

J

I have been running a 10X12 SEF on my (i-upgraded) V3 for a couple of months and it runs perfectly well. It is a little bit heavy for me as I'm fairly lightly built! If I use 2.5 or 7.5 single frequency it seems to setup pretty-much the same as any Whites coil. Running in three frequencies I have to keep the Rx down a bit (on my soils, Rx 6 to 9 with Sens at 85/60 and 7.5 or 5 filters depending on precise location etc). Single frequency 22.5 is not a good idea as the lack of V-nulling is more of an issue there. I have found several small & thin hammered silver coins (I'm in the UK) on well-searched fields so I am very happy with mine. So much so in fact that I just scored a very good deal on Ebay for a nearly-new 12X15 for use on pasture and on fields I have already hit hard with the 10X12, 10"DD and 6X10. Here's hoping I can hack the extra weight.

a.c.t.i.v.8 said:
If not Ramases, I know some one that could !!!

OK Dave, you get first-refusal!! :twodetecting:

Why would they not make it V nulled? when I ran the DFX and MXT it was all I used.. Come on Whites its a great coil or you could make a 12 X 8 DD coil....Conecentric coils are very poor on my soil. I know a few lads that if they have to stick with a stock DD coil will go back to the Etrac!!! Whites Please look at the UK sales of the 14"DD coil around 2003-7 I bet they where better than any other coil.

Toddy

Toddy, I can't find the post, but the Whites site doesn't show it as for the V3. Every other coil is marked Spectra V3.
[attachment 163895 2010-06-02_170616.jpg]...........Rob

I just googled Kellyco /accesories and found a 8x14 whites coil for the V3 DFX and others. Cat #960-801-3223. Yazoo

I think the point is: Kellyco is saying the 1400 DD will work on the V like their larger SEF coils works on the V. Kellyco is not claiming it is V nulled. I'm sure a V nulled coil would be a "must have" for those "hammies" with the 22.5 frequency.

Here's the post that was started by Stumpshooter. He called Whites about the 1400.

Well I heard from White today, and got a message I wasn't expecting. None-the-less it is good info to share with the group.

White's doesn't recommend and is not tuning nor planning to tune the 1400 for use with the V3. The standard equipment 10 "DD" is half the weight and appears to perform virtually identically, if not better than the 1400.

So, I think Rob said almost the very same thing... Next time Rob speaks, i will listen better...

Ha Ha Oh mighty Swammie:lol:,What happened to EF? Like In Hutton.I never listened to him either. Yazoo

Lads it is wrong of Kellyco to state that its a V3 suitable coil. It is NOT so should NOT be wrongly sold to New users or detectorists as so. If Non V Nulled coils work aswell as Non can someone from Whites come on and say that a coil made to suit a two frequency DFX will work on a 3 frequency Detector?? If I want to use 22 KH with a DFX coil .......................on what frequency will it be putting out? 15 or 22?? or in between??

Toddy from Scotland said:
Lads it is wrong of Kellyco to state that its a V3 suitable coil. It is NOT so should NOT be wrongly sold to New users or detectorists as so. If Non V Nulled coils work aswell as Non can someone from Whites come on and say that a coil made to suit a two frequency DFX will work on a 3 frequency Detector?? If I want to use 22 KH with a DFX coil .......................on what frequency will it be putting out? 15 or 22?? or in between??

Just my 2 cents, but I don't think so. The coils utilize all the frequencies and really are compatible. All frequencies respond as they would with a V nulled coil.

I've heard people say you can't use TX boost (due to overloading) but I've had no issues using it. My deepest coins (in the 12" range) have come using the 10x12 SEF coil.

It might be prudent for Kellyco to add that you may have trouble running TX boost in some areas though.

ak_1234 said:
The V puts out 2.5k, 7.5k and 22.5k. It does not have the DFX frequencies.

Thanks for your answers

1: I just feel that its misleading of K.Co to say V3 nulled after such a big deal getting made over coils that have been nulled or not! maybe it does not make any differance and its just Whites way of stopping us buying non whites coils?? I don't know I am not looking for trouble just some clarity or technical info.

I do know the frequencys that both detectors operate on but if I put an XLT coil on my DFX it would not work etc............would it?? what I don't understand is how you can make a coil operate at optimum at 22Kh if its only nulled to operate perfectly at 15 or 3kh?? when they made those coils they never made them to operate at this Kh

come on some brainy person and tell us if it can't or only buy whites.

Racer I am going to try my mates 12 x 10 SEF.............AGAIN this weekend.

toddy